Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-14-2009, 07:40 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
06 Cayman 36SBT Wiring problem

1. Is the Monaco Hot Line still in operation?

2. I have a long story about the wiring for the Hot Water heater.
My heater quit operating late last fall. The unit was taken to a dealer for warranty repair of the heater. I was finally able to retrieve the coach in May. Now that I have dewinterized, I found that the DSI light for the water heater is ON, and the unit will not start or allow a reset. If I unplug the jack at the water heater circuit board, and reseat the jack, the heater will light and operate normally for 1 cycle, then lock out again. I returned the unit to the dealer last week. Now I am being told that I have 2 sources of 12VDC, one from the hot water heater on-off switch, and one from the DSI fault lamp wire. I have been told that the wiring harness runs from the control panel, down to under the floor, forward to ???, and back under the floor to the water heater. The dealer is claiming a short somewhere in that harness under the floor. Any Ideas as to how I should proceed to find and repair this problem. THE Coach IS NOT going back totither of my local dealers as it always comes back with something else wrong. I have never seen anything like this, I just can not get all the bugs out of this unit. Please, ANT Ideas will be appreciated.

Ray

03 Saturn L2
abray is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2009, 04:13 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Send an email to mcctech@monacocoach.com They still have a few people there to help

2008 Monaco Cayman 38PBD
Up N Flames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 01:21 AM   #3
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Ray.....If the water heater lights, it doesn't sound like a short, you have power to light the unit. On my coach, the water heater is installed in a door panel not designed to open, but can be opened by removingg screws on the underside. I've been in there several times to add components and run wiring. You might loook for something similar for wiring access. If it is a short, fish a new hot lead from the wall switch down to the heater.

From what you describe, it sounds more like a circuit board issue. There is also a fusible link that can be scene when you open the water heater door. I bought a package of two that I carry as spares.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 11:57 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Don, Thank You for the reply. I guess I did not explain clearly, My dealer says there are 2 sources of 12 VDC, one from the control panel switch, and the second from the blue wire from the DSI lamp. We believe the DSI lamp should be powered from the circuit board?
Thanks Again. I will be digging into this as soon as the weather will allow.

03 Saturn L2
abray is offline   Reply With Quote