Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2014, 08:22 PM   #1

'06 Diplomat PDQ remodel

DW wants to replace the curb side couch (?) with a desk/utility space. I'm fishing for ideas and will be leaving Bullhead City AZ slowly headed for OR next month. Gotta keep DW happy.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2014, 08:34 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ken
You might want to try Jeff Gaddis at Executive Motor Coach repair in Pahrump, NV. The guy does real nice work and is very reasonable. His number is (702) 588-4468.

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:39 PM   #3

Davis Cabinets in Junction City, Or. are the go to place for mod's. They do really fine work. Oh and did I mention they are not cheap but they actually use real wood.
Lee0920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:50 PM   #4

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
We have an '06 Endeavor 40' PDQ and we bought it the previous owner had removed the couch on the street side and put a euro lounger in its place. We liked that. But we also wanted a computer desk and the open space was even better. We had Davis Cabinets build a desk with electrical outlets and a corian top that exactly matched our existing corian counter tops. They did a great job and the cherry wood finish and cabinet architecture matched to a "T".

The street side slideout is deeper than the curbside so the desk works better there, IMO.

Good Luck
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:51 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I just had Dave and LJ's in Woodland, WA mod my TV box. I was impressed with the work done. They have a nice website. They have some samples on site.

Allen
dieselbeaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 09:24 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Where are you in Bullhead. I travel between the Ridge and RATS.
Old 03-06-2014, 04:48 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoNuts View Post
DW wants to replace the curb side couch (?) with a desk/utility space. I'm fishing for ideas and will be leaving Bullhead City AZ slowly headed for OR next month. Gotta keep DW happy.
I wanted to take out that couch and put in a desk and a television that pops up out of the cabinet. Replace the other couch with two recliners for watching the television. My wife said no way!

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 03:48 PM   #8

Send a message via Yahoo to Garbageman
Here is the desk that Davis built for us less the hardware which they ordered to match.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20131113_102959.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	57638  
Garbageman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 04:08 PM   #9

Ken, looks like you got some good advise on supplier in the North West for your wood working.

I have removed my road side couch and replaced it with a single Amish built recliner (From Master Tec) that I bought at the Good Sam's Rally in Atlanta in back in Oct. The guys from Master Tec or bringing me down a Solid Maple with the champagne select finish computer desk to the FMCA Rally in Perry later this month. They are hand built and finished in shop up in Indiana.
When I talked to him about bringing it down he said that if it does not match he will take it back. Hope it matches, I have been sitting on the money since Jan LOL.

Bob, I wanted to do the same as you wanted with the two recliners and TV, but I was out voted also by Julie

George
Old 03-07-2014, 04:57 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyEOD View Post
Ken, looks like you got some good advise on supplier in the North West for your wood working.

I have removed my road side couch and replaced it with a single Amish built recliner (From Master Tec) that I bought at the Good Sam's Rally in Atlanta in back in Oct. The guys from Master Tec or bringing me down a Solid Maple with the champagne select finish computer desk to the FMCA Rally in Perry later this month. They are hand built and finished in shop up in Indiana.
When I talked to him about bringing it down he said that if it does not match he will take it back. Hope it matches, I have been sitting on the money since Jan LOL.

Bob, I wanted to do the same as you wanted with the two recliners and TV, but I was out voted also by Julie

George
Guess a man has to pick his battles and make sure victory will be worth the fight!

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #11

"Guess a man has to pick his battles and make sure victory will be worth the fight!"--Bob Nodine

Bob, I'm not at all sure there is any such thing as "victory" in a dispute with a SO. However, one CAN minimize losses, and limit the scope of their duration...at a price. LOL

Van W. 2000 Dynasty 36
Eastern NC
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 06:35 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I had Woods and Goods, a cabinet shop in Lake Havasu put in some sliding drawers, etc. The did excellent work and do a lot of motor home work.

I also second the recommendation for Davis Cabinet. They do excellent work, also. He did my MCD shades, but does all kinds of motor home cabinet work.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:59 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I had this desk custom built and placed where the old J-Lounge couch was on our Camelot PDQ.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1079291285.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	459.2 KB
ID:	57894  
Bob (WA0MQE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 06:43 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Gonuts.
I travel 8 months a year and work on my rig. I had put a desk in and regretted it. I tool the desk out and had a custom table and cabinet put and the end of the kitchen table next to the wall. When we are parked it pull my computer and printer out. I extend the table during the day and that's my office. When we eat I put my computer on the end table and eat. It works very well while not using extra room for the couch. It was a $600 modification but well worth it. I learned space is a a premium in the rig and that was my solution. We are leaving in 3 weeks on our next adventure out west and really enjoy our solution.
Safe travels.
Rick.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
remodel