RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #1

Going to Wildwood Fl for repairs on may 12.Does any one recommend a service writer.Have 3rd broken windshield.Damaqed floor underneath dr side slide by roller.41 other cosmetic items.Such as paint swirles.

popeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-22-2008, 06:56 PM   #2

Going to Wildwood Fl for repairs on may 12.Does any one recommend a service writer.Have 3rd broken windshield.Damaqed floor underneath dr side slide by roller.41 other cosmetic items.Such as paint swirles.

Old 04-23-2008, 06:53 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
popeye - I have the same coach as you -- Good luck on the paint issues - I have orange peel around the windows,door, & paint swirles all over -- I was in Harrisburg, & Monaco refused to fix the problems -- I have 2 letters from them saying that is up to Monaco`s standard -- Overall, I`m very disappointed with this coach -- Been to Harrisburg twice, & still have issues that they didn`t correct(not counting paint)Bill Willard
William Willard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 10:15 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
William, I've had 2 Monaco coaches and have had paint issues with both, however, Monaco corrected the issues both time. My Dynasty had swirl marks and orange peel over the door, Monaco fixed it at the Elkhart, Indiana factory. The coach had a beautiful finish then, smooth as a baby's bottem...Then this Signature had bad swirl marks and Monaco actually came to Virginia and picked up the coach and took it to Elkhart where they are refinishing the outside as we speak. I've been told that this job will be as good or better then the job done on the Dynasty, and if that's so then this coach will look wonderful...

I would call the folks at Elkhart, and see if you can get Jennifer as your service writer, and see what they can do about your swirl marks and orange peel...Also, don't take NO as an answer, even if you have to talk to Kay Toolson.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
cb5300 -- Took the coach to Monaco`s Peoria Road paint shop, & talked to Don Freeman, Customer Service Manager, & this is a quote "If you want a better paint job, you should have got a Dynasty or Signature" -- I taped this conversation, with his knowledge -- I then went to Coburg & talked with Dan Deering, Paint Technical Advisor, & he said "If it bothers you that much,pay for it yourself" -- I live in AZ. & it would be cheaper for me to pay to have the paint problems fixed here, than to drive to Elkhart -- I drove to Harrisburg with the problem, & they should have done the job then -- I`ve had 2 MountainAire`s, & 2 Safari`s with full body paint, & never a problem -- This is my first Monaco, & will sure be my last -- As you know, comparing a Sig/Dynasty, to a Camelot is apples & oranges -- Bill Willard
Old 04-23-2008, 04:19 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
popeye -

You might try to get Brady Nail as your SW, he's been very very good to us over the past year.

HTH

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 07:54 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
If I was you, I would attend one of the Monaco rallys where you could actually speak with Kay Toolson, it'll make a world of difference. Now with that being said, I did buy two brand new Monaco coaches within 10 months, and I made sure that Kay knew that, and I didn't expect any grief from them on fixing my paint issues...and I've got to say that the Indiana group has been wonderful on taking care of my issues... They actually delivered my Dynasty to me after they fixed the swirl marks, and they came and picked up my Signature in Virginia and took it to Elkhart to re do the paint on it. They even found a few other issues that they needed to fix.

Over all, I think that Monaco needs to improve their QC dept. which would increase their bottem line. I'm not sure why they seem to have this problem with their paint shop in Coburg, but I don't think that they do as good a job as the Elkhart crew does.

I don't think I would have taken that comment from Don Freeman very well, you must be more mild mannered than I. As far as the comments that you say that Dan Deering made I would have reminded him that you DID pay for the paint job when you bought the coach. The Camelot is NOT a cheap coach, matter of fact I like the paint lay out on the Camelot best of all the Monacos...One thing I have learned..don't be shy about what you feel needs to be done to fix your coach, and don't take NO for an answer. Some times you might need to give someone a little prod to get them to do the right thing.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 06:35 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
cb5300 -- I did send a certified letter to Kay Toolson yesterday -- I`m not giving up on this - I was born raised a southerner, & where I`m from,(N.E. Texas)they`re still fighting the Civil War -- My Willard line came from Prince Edward Co. VA. -- Bill Willard
Old 04-24-2008, 04:30 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I guess I have too much time on my hands because I just get my Porter Cable 7424 polisher and put on some 3M Imperial Hand Glaze. The paint on our '07 Camelot turns heads and we received several compliments at the Monaco Rally in Vidalia earlier this month. Least we forget that I had to drive our coach through tree branches to get my Texas Class B license posted in another thread here in January this year.

Some of the scratches came off with just a 50/50 mixture of water and rubbing alcohol and some needed 3M Rubbing Compound using the polisher (about 3500 rpm). I know in the process of using the Rubbing Compound that I removed some of the clear coat but that's what it took. When I finished with the Hand Glaze it looked new again. Both sides took me about three weeks of work but I took my time using the minimum amount of rubbing to make them disappear.

CC
Old 04-25-2008, 07:59 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Camelot Camper -- I wish I had your talent & guts -- Each time I try to heal a paint problem, it only gets worse -- Bill Willard
Old 04-25-2008, 08:57 AM   #11

I would just like to have someones lungs. With C O P D you don,t do a lot of rubing.