RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-20-2009, 03:36 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
07 SFT Water Pump Switch Relocation

I met with Rob Dettman, over in Junction City, where he was having a computer desk put in where the J lounge was, on his 07 Dip SFT. Very nice job by Scott at Amazing Creations.

However, he had another mod that I loved.

He had pulled the water pump switch that is under the kitchen sink and relocated it in the bathroom on the opposite side of the wall from the main monitor panel. He replaced it with another 110v outlet.

I am already looking at doing the same. Why would Monaco think that we would need two water pump switches in the kitchen, but none in the bathroom?

Regards from Premier Park in Eugene,
Luke

Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-20-2009, 04:56 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Great idea. I've wished for that many times. Take pics and post directions and how-to's.

My two year old grand-daughter is tall enough to reach the on/off switch beside the stove and turns it off at most inconvenient times!

'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 05:42 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Monaco must have learned... I have a switch for the water pump next to the microwave, in the bathroom, by the sink in the bedroom and in the wet bay. I feel so powerful!

John
Johnontheroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:01 PM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
You guys are lucky.....Mine was suppose to have one at the sink, per the brochure, but there isn't one and no unidentified wiring under the sink. I do have one in the bathroom, outside the bathroom (control panel) and one in the wet bay. Sure would like one at the sink though.
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 09:10 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Our 04 Imperial has one over the entry door, under the kitchen sink, in the potty room under the sink (very convenient) under the sink in the bedroom and in the waterworks bay. Kind of a pain because the indicator lights keep buning out!!
Ron
Old 06-21-2009, 08:16 AM   #6

Which brings up another question. Is the bulb in that "indicator light" replaceable and if so, where do you get the bulb?
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 10:20 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
If we are talking about the water pump switch that has a square plate with the switch and a rectangular red light the same size as the switch, then I need a replacement light, also. The red lens pops off and there is a small black replaceable light that pops out. I have been looking for the replaceable light, but have not found it yet. Let me know if anyone finds a source.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 02:32 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I just converted the ones in our coach that had room in the case to LEDs. The ones you are referring to don't as I have a couple of them too!! Try Radio Shack for replacement bulbs they have an assortment. Now all I have to do is find some LEDs and resistors small enough to fit the case and I'll convert mine.
Ron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeaa View Post
If we are talking about the water pump switch that has a square plate with the switch and a rectangular red light the same size as the switch, then I need a replacement light, also. The red lens pops off and there is a small black replaceable light that pops out. I have been looking for the replaceable light, but have not found it yet. Let me know if anyone finds a source.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:51 PM   #9
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Pusherpilot.......Just a thought, there is usually dead area behind the switch. Why not leave the wiring and resistor outside the switch casing and just push the LED through.
Old 06-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #10
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
I would like to tap into my wiring in either the wet bay or hall panel and run a 4th switch into the kitchen for the water pump. My electrical skills end at wiring two switches . Does anyone know how I would wire in a 4th switch. I know there are special switches for when you have two. Do you have to have a special switch for three locations, four locations etc?

Thanks
Old 06-21-2009, 07:39 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
Pusherpilot.......Just a thought, there is usually dead area behind the switch. Why not leave the wiring and resistor outside the switch casing and just push the LED through.
Good idea. The space for the LED is smaller that the 5mm LEDs I have too. Someone else indicated that he put both the LED and the resistor in that space. I'll hit Radio Shack again and see if I can find some smaller ones!
Old 06-21-2009, 09:34 PM   #12

I have replaced several of those burned out lights by taking the "small" LED purchased at Radio Shack. Just drill a mounting hole for the LED right thru red lens. I just pushed the LED assembly thru that hole (which was of the size to match the LED and quite tight not needing any adhesive). The wire leads can be inserted right in the push connectors with the originals. Just make sure of polarity because LEDs will not work unless that is correct.
RVwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 07:37 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diplomat Don View Post
I would like to tap into my wiring in either the wet bay or hall panel and run a 4th switch into the kitchen for the water pump. My electrical skills end at wiring two switches . Does anyone know how I would wire in a 4th switch. I know there are special switches for when you have two. Do you have to have a special switch for three locations, four locations etc?

Thanks
Don,

You need to connect into the pump controller. Look at this link:
http://www.intellitec.com/pdfs/MONOP...322036.000.pdf

Mine is located on the frame in the water bay behind the white panel.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:22 PM   #14
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Thanks Bob.....I'm going out to look for it.