RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-15-2019, 04:28 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
08 Camelot PDQ Shower & Closet Doors Info Needed

When we bought the Camelot about a year ago, I figured it'd be an easy task to find the referenced missing doors somewhere online. (Dumb idea #1 )

Why they weren't in the coach, I don't know. Maybe the POs liked the feel of a plastic curtain wrapped around them when taking a shower, or maybe they just enjoyed looking at their clothes hanging on hangers. (More likely tho, the doors probably got broke on a bumpy road somewhere ).

Anyways, I've chatted with the salvage places and they all ask for dimensions to go and look at what they got, but without a door all's I can give them is a guess based on the size of the hole.

Oh yeah, I checked with REV too (Dumb idea #2!). They said could special-order the doors, but I think they thought I was asking to buy an entire new coach - not just a couple parts for mine. Jeez, they were expensive!

Wife wants me to totally rip out the existing shower and just put in a simple Home Depot special. Pleeease help me not do that!!

So, I'd appreciate any help in finding additional information about what the doors might have been. If you find a few minutes with nothing to do, jotting down a couple measurements of your door(s) or maybe a decal/number, and posting them would be so awesome.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-15-2019, 05:38 PM   #2

There are all kinds of companies that make custom shower doors. Should not be a problem. Is it a flat door or circular?

2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 05:51 PM   #3

The Yahoo Monaco Forum has a parts list that may help but you need to acquire more info. You need measurements. Is it just the door that is missing or is the whole enclosure? You can try Shower Enclosures of America or Aquaware America. But don't bother calling with only your unit info. Means nothing to them. They will need measurements. I am sure there are outfits in Indiana that may also have something. Have you tried Northwest RV parts in Oregon? The closet doors can also be custom made. But you have to do the legwork.
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2019, 06:18 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Might try a salvage yard for the closet doors. Visione RV in KY has a lot of salvaged coaches, go to their website, they have an online request form.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 09:07 AM   #5

Hi Rusty ,
Where are you located ?

We had a grandson fall against our shower door and shatter it last summer .
Fortunately we were coming across Missouri so we stopped at Colaw RV located
just east of Springfield Mo . Colaw is a dealer as well as a salvage yard .

Matching up the door wasn't working , the pattern on the glass as well as the metal
was different . Of course they didn't want to take things off until you buy it so I
ended up buying the whole glass and metal enclosure for $125 just to play it safe .

A fellow named Ben who I took to be a Colaw family member waited on me .
Now he wasn't unfriendly but sure didn't exhibit much interest in helping me
with my problem . I can not imagine that he would be more helpful on the phone .
You will probably need to visit a salvage co and look for yourself .
Ben took me out back and let me look through some rigs . then they removed
the enclosure .

Ray
RamiDav is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 05:06 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We got our Doors! We got our doors!!

Only took a year and a half to make it happen, but they're finally up and we're ecstactic!

No luck at all with salvage places, they wouldn't even respond or wanted me to give them the actual door dimensions - but since I didn't HAVE doors, I couldn't do that. I found a guy in Georgia that said he 'might' be able to make them for me, but he wanted $2k up front for materials and labor even if they didn't work out .

Finally, Happycarz was generous enough (MANY THANKS, HARRY! ) to take the time to measure the doors in his sister-ship. That was the key - I now called Shower Enclosures America (SEA), who was/is the OEM, and spec'ed the exact ones for my coach.

I don't remember the details, but for some reason my initial call to SEA last year didn't go anywhere. This time, however, Traico Marinoff was super in placing my order and kept me abreast of the actual build/shipping process - right up to the time they arrived. Install was quick and easy for both sets, and a perfect match.

Too bad all coach projects don't work out this well. Speaking of which... on to the next thing on my list.
Old 04-11-2019, 09:06 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
It probably looks like you have a different coach, now. Im glad it was a simple solution in the end.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2019, 10:23 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
It sure does, and we can't thank you enough for your help!

Our dog may not agree, tho. We have a 6yo German Shepherd and, although there are mirrors in the house and rv, we've never had one low enough that she could see herself (talking about the closet mirrors). After barking at the 'other' dog for awhile the first nite, she's decided that we're on our own because she's going to sleep in another room now.
Old 04-11-2019, 10:39 AM   #9

Country Coach Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
If you go to a wrecker be sure the crew knows you're there!
Late wife and I went to one looking for a window. Found one and started taking it out when all of a sudden it started moving! Turns out the yard workers were pushing the wrecks around with a loader and didn't know we were there. Could have been tragic!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 04:59 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Yeah, those places can be scary!

As a kid, I went with my Dad to one years ago. The car we were looking in smelled bad inside, and when I looked on the backseat floor, I saw what I thought was a leg & foot lying there (but it turned out to be part of a doll). I'd backed out of there so fast I tore my scalp pretty bad on the doorframe, but didn't remember doing it at all.

Tags
door, doors, shower