Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-25-2015, 01:53 PM   #1

'08 Endeavor Smartwheel controller.

I've looked under the dash on the left as the owners manual says it may be there (not that I could see) and up behind the radio.

Anyone with a 2008 40PDQ floor plan that knows where it actually is? My problem is an intermittent cruise control off/on button that doesn't always work. I wanted to check the connections on the VIP Controller box.

I have not looked in the compartment under the switches & leveling system pad yet as I am not sure how to get in there. it's padded with 2 padded buttons on either end and I didn't want to tear up something before asking how to remove the panel. Pry the buttons off or turn them somehow?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Chuck&Pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-25-2015, 03:46 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Chuck
My smart wheel controller is located in the area behind the radio/rear view monitor, along with the door remote.

Dennis
DennisZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 04:29 PM   #3

Thanks Dennis.. i'll dig around back there again. I found my door remote, Sirius receiver, and some other a/v stuff under the bottom drawer of the console. But it looked like a ball of wire and cable behind that.

by the way, do you know how to remove the padded compartment door left of the driver under the switch console?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:40 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The leather buttons are just caps that pop off with a gentle pry. Under them there is a screw.
My 01 HR smartwheel controller was behind the radio as well . I had to dig a bit for it as there is about 3 miles of wire under there.
Old 06-26-2015, 07:11 AM   #5

Thanks for the assistance. I still have not found the VIP controller. It's not in the compartment left of the driver. Thanks for telling me about the buttons over the screws..funny how simple things can be when you know how they work.

I've done all the looking from under the console without taking the radio out. I'll try a mirror and look again.

The cruise off/on seems to be working more often now, so i'm pretty sure it is a loose/dirty connection someplace.
Old 06-26-2015, 10:38 AM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
My vip wheel controller is located in the upper cabinet above the driver. Above the driver side window. I have an 08 HR Endeavor.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Sheriffbubba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 04:53 PM   #7

Thanks Sheriff...the only thing I have up there is the Riverpark a/v distribution box.

Based on all the responses, I'm pretty sure it must be behind the radio. I'll go looking again when it gets cooler here!
Old 06-26-2015, 05:47 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheriffbubba View Post
I have an 08 HR Endeavor.
One other question for you please: Is there access to the basement bay on the curb/passenger side right behind the pass through access? I'm thinking that must be holding tanks and it looks like there is a hinge on the front side of the bay, but I don't see any way to get it open.

Thanks for helping the new owner here!

Chuck
Old 06-26-2015, 10:11 PM   #9

That bay is indeed the tank(s) access. If you look at the edge of the door opposite of the hinged side you should see two little "L" brackets held to the coach body with a square drive screw. Just have to remove the screws and the door should swing open. These are not opened very often so Monaco didn't install latches like the other compartments. I wish I had regular latches on this bay and the fuel tank bay doors on both sides of the coach...
As far as the smart wheel controller box location, I didn't mean the cabinet above the windshield where the AV control box is.... Mine is actually mounted to the wall inside the cabinet on the driver side wall directly above the driver's side window.

Hope this helps... Brian.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:19 AM   #10

Thanks again. I'll go look for those screw brackets to get into that holding tank bay.

I got what you meant about the cabinet over the driver. The one I checked is the one to the left of the driver over the driver side window. the only thing there is a controller box from RiverPark Inc. I think that is the controller for the home theater system etc.

The cabinet directly overhead/in front of the driver is a nest of cables. The PO abandoned the original KingDome system and installed a Winegard Travl'er. So there's a lot to sort out in there. thats not a priority for me at this point though!

I had my previous Bounder for 11 years and I knew every nook and crannie, so now I feel like I'm starting over. First thing i need to do is figure out where to store the water hose and sewer hoses!

Chuck
Old 06-27-2015, 10:37 AM   #11

Chuck,

Ok good luck and have fun getting to know your new coach! Some people mount a large pvc pipe in the lpg tank compartment to store the sewer hose.
I have a macerated so I don't use the large hose but I carry one in case I need it. I plan to mount something in that compartment above the lpg tank to store the hose.

Brian.

Old 06-29-2015, 04:56 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
One other thing you may look at is there are a couple of plugs in your steering column that will sometimes loosen up. If you look at the plastic shrouding there are few screws that allow access to the column and the covers just pop off. I have heard of others that found a problem there. Good luck.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:01 PM   #13
YC1

You can design your own hidden latch for the compartment you mention. The black tank sprayer may be installed on that end of your tank and they often need to be cleaned or need their holes enlarged. This is a great place to store extra sewer hose etc.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickest1 View Post
One other thing you may look at is there are a couple of plugs in your steering column ...I have heard of others that found a problem there. Good luck.
Thanks, I'll check that out as well. Luckily (for now anyway) all the wire jiggling i'v done over the past few days caused the cruise off/on to work correctly for now. I'm going to continue to look for that VIP controller though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
...The black tank sprayer may be installed on that end of your tank... This is a great place to store extra sewer hose etc.
Thanks. I did get into that compartment and there is no room there for anything. It has about an inch of clearance across the top of the fresh water tank. I am trying to figure out where to store a sewer hose other than where I have it now; in a plastic box in the basement pass through area.