RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-06-2018, 05:34 PM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by srh View Post
While it doesn't support all the features that the old Kenwood did, it works for the features I'm interested in like side, rear view cameras, and some of the features of the Aladdin.
Can you be more specific as to what features the new Jensen doesn't support?

You are getting the Aladdin menu I see. So I assume everything Aladdin works.
You said the cameras work - that's great news.

What are you missing?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2018, 12:22 AM   #44

Monaco Owners Club
I'm also interested in this. My Kenwood still works but there will be a day it quits. I never stow the monitor as it doesn't always want to emerge. I would like a higher definition from the rear camera so I can see what's happening with the menagerie of motorcycles, ATV's etc back there.

As near as I can tell there isn't much difference between your 2008 & my 2007 other than the Alladin and the emissions unless you have a 2006 engine?

Old 10-07-2018, 08:56 AM   #45
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
Can you be more specific as to what features the new Jensen doesn't support?

You are getting the Aladdin menu I see. So I assume everything Aladdin works.
You said the cameras work - that's great news.

What are you missing?
Here are some of the short comings of the Jensen System as I see it:
It will not allow viewing the camera video and listen to the radio at the same time. There are other systems that can do this and more, like the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX. The good news is that Crutchfield would swap the Jensen, even though I have it installed, with the Pioneer. The Pioneer costs $600. I'm considering it.
The second short coming which cannot be remedied easily is some of the Coach features that were available before like gen start, tank levels and controls, just to name a few, are not available with the Jensen. There may be some one who has done this and may share it with us here.

On somewhat different but related topic, I found out that Silver Leaf Electronics will come up with a plug and play to replace the old Aladdin System, a less extensive version of their Glass Dash, within a month or so. It will cost around $3K.

Thank you, Mike and others, for all your helpful suggestions .
Old 10-07-2018, 09:04 AM   #46
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
Glad you finally got it. You're going to have an awesome coach when you get all this straight.
Thank you, vito. You are so right, the more I get to know the coach, the more impressed I become as to how well the Signature is built and really easy to work on.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:54 AM   #47

Quote:
The second short coming which cannot be remedied easily is some of the Coach features that were available before like gen start, tank levels and controls, just to name a few, are not available with the Jensen.
So, your saying you could start the generator through the Kenwood?

My coach, has a rocker switch on the dash to start the generator and the tank levels are viewable via the Aladdin display (on the Kenwood screen) but all of the Aladdin functions are controlled by moving the Aladdin joystick.
Is your setup different?

Sorry the Jensen unit is not working out.
Thanks for letting us know about the Pioneer.
Old 10-08-2018, 04:22 PM   #48
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryB View Post
So, your saying you could start the generator through the Kenwood?

My coach, has a rocker switch on the dash to start the generator and the tank levels are viewable via the Aladdin display (on the Kenwood screen) but all of the Aladdin functions are controlled by moving the Aladdin joystick.
Is your setup different?

Sorry the Jensen unit is not working out.
Thanks for letting us know about the Pioneer.

Mike: I, too, have a rocker switch for gen start, what I was referring to is, I think, the set of buttons over the Kenwood display (see attached photo) do not work. I can get to some of them from the Aladdin Joystick on the left arm rest, but I don't think all features of the button would be available from the Joystick. I did order the Pioneer, and this time, my mechanic friend is going to install it this weekend and we'll see how that would work. I'll post another update after that. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2756.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	258.6 KB
ID:	221877  
Old 10-08-2018, 04:58 PM   #49

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
There are other systems that can do this and more, like the Pioneer AVH-3400NEX. The good news is that Crutchfield would swap the Jensen, even though I have it installed, with the Pioneer. The Pioneer costs $600. I'm considering it.
I think that's a great opportunity. I would definitely try the Pioneer.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2018, 07:39 PM   #50

Just lookin in
boaterok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2018, 08:09 AM   #51
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Update

I replaced the Jensen with Pioneer AV 3400 NEX. Now I can view my cameras and not lose audio at the same time. Plus the ability to to connect my iPhone via a USB port and operate it from the Pioneer Display. A much better system.

Thanks to all for the helpful suggestions and comments.
Old 10-27-2018, 03:03 PM   #52

Thanks for posting back. Now we know for sure what works --

here is the link to the Pioneer, in case anyone else is looking for a kenwood replacement. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_130340...xoCZtsQAvD_BwE
Old 10-27-2018, 03:24 PM   #53

Monaco Owners Club
I see the resolution of the Pioneer is quite a bit better than the Kenwood. I don't have the specs for the rear Mito camera and wonder if it has the resolution to take advantage of the Pioneer resolution. I would like to see what is going on back there better than currently shown with the original equipment.
Old 10-27-2018, 04:55 PM   #54

Don't miss out on the FREE SiriusXM radio tuner deal. https://www.crutchfield.com/p_220SXV...0V1-Tuner.html
Old 10-28-2018, 06:37 PM   #55

Monaco Owners Club
When my kenwood bit the dust a year ago I got a great deal on the Clarion NZ503...ran about $300 (Crutchfield Sale) without satellite receiver. Basically a plug and play experience.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1991.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	224192Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1992.jpg
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	224193Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1993.jpg
Size:	242.6 KB
ID:	224194Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1994.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	221.4 KB
ID:	224195
Bsmiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2018, 07:31 PM   #56
srh

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
I see the resolution of the Pioneer is quite a bit better than the Kenwood. I don't have the specs for the rear Mito camera and wonder if it has the resolution to take advantage of the Pioneer resolution. I would like to see what is going on back there better than currently shown with the original equipment.
I must admit I'm not a tech expert, but wouldn't just changing the rear camera while using the existing wiring for the old camera work for giving a better resolution? The side cameras might be a bit more costly. Has anyone done any such thing?

As a side note, I want to thank Mike for bringing the idea of just replacing my old Kenwood with something newer that works!