Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-24-2014, 07:38 PM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
'08 Vacationer Hydraulic Question

I have a very small leak in a hydraulic fitting for the sofa/dinette slide in the front storage bay immediately behind the passenger front wheel. This is the only storage bay with a shelf area where I can store a table or the dog's kennel. The leak doesn't really drip but seeps enough to dampen the shelf area floor so I think the fitting may just need to be tightened. The problem is the shelf area is only 8" high and the fitting is 68" away from the shelf opening . There is no way I can contort myself to get a wrench on this fitting. I checked underneath the MH but I do not see any access panel on the back side of the storage compartment. I'm not positive but I believe the sofa/dinette slide became hydraulically operated with the 2008 model year and was cable driven in the 2007 and earlier models. Have any other 2008 or newer Vacationer owners had to deal with this? Any ideas would be appreciated!

------ Jim
Geaux Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-28-2014, 05:31 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have a simular coach and had the same issue however the access is about a foot on our coach. Ours is the 36 sbd I guess it has differences. Can you aaccess it from the opposing compartment door? Fyi the hydraulic pump/motor was a high failure item. We had ours repaced under warranty.
georgetown350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2014, 11:42 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Georgetown350,
Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I've been offline for a few days.

Yeah, I had the hydraulic pump go bad due to the seal leaking last November. Took about 4 months negotiating with Lippert but the new parts they sent me appear to have a much better design and I'm hoping that issue won't come back.

On my coach, the shelf is also about 12 inches from floor to ceiling but the hydraulic ram is on the right side of the ceiling and there is a black cover on the left side which I think is over some plumbing lines. The clearance between the floor and those two items is only about 8-9 inches. I stopped by the local HR dealer last Friday and asked their service manager how to get to that fitting and all he had to offer was that "there are a lot of tight spaces in these motorhomes where you have to get skinny and crawl in there". Of course, he also asked if I wanted to make an appointment for 2 weeks from now. My plan right now is to ask a couple of friends of mine that have a smaller body frame than me to see if they can reach the leak and try to tighten the fitting.

------ Jim
Geaux Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat