Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-12-2014, 10:46 AM   #15

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
To the best of my recollection, the bathroom GFCI (which you say has no input 120vac) is fed by one breaker in your main distribution panel.

You will need to check input and output with a meter on the distribution breakers. Sometimes the breakers are labeled on the panel, the door (inside or outside), or a separate piece of paper.
That was one of the first things I checked. I just rechecked them and they are all good.

There is either a physical disconnect in the wiring or a fuse link of some sort that has severed the circuit.
USA-RVNomads is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-12-2014, 10:58 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImagesByHawk View Post
That was one of the first things I checked. I just rechecked them and they are all good.

There is either a physical disconnect in the wiring or a fuse link of some sort that has severed the circuit.
And you have checked the output of the breakers on the wire itself and not the screw head of the breaker .... right?

You might also want to check the neutral ... it's possible you have no return path.
Old 12-12-2014, 11:21 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
You mentioned you have checked the circuit breakers on your invertor, but I lost power on most of my plug in sockets about a week ago and it turned out go be I simply overloaded the invertor circuit. It took me an hour to find the problem after doing all the normal checks but it was this circuit breaker on the side of the invertor.

I have attached (hopefully it comes through) a picture of the circuit breaker on the invertor as it was kind of hard for me to locate inside the dark bay.

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:24 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
location of circuit breaker on my invertor. Same symptoms as you described on dead plug ins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	invertor.jpg
Views:	675
Size:	215.5 KB
ID:	80950  

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:45 AM   #19

This is a shot in the dark but it happened to me. Had the same problem, no power to a bunch of outlets. I had checked all of the the fuses, breakers etc and they all checked out.

On my 06 Neptune the 120 breakers are located on the rear wall in the bedroom above the washer/dryer space. I followed the wire from the outlet breaker and cam to junction box directly below the washer/dryer space. This space was accessed by removing a drawer. When I took the top off of the junction box I found that the wire nut had come loose and the wires had separated.

Maybe a long shot but might be worth a look.
Gloryrolls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:53 AM   #20

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:

those on the Inverter seem to be functioning from what I can see/hear.
Seem?

Either they are tripped or they aren't.

Typically, these breakers are the push button type and if one or both are "out", it means they are tripped. Push them so both are in the "in" position.

Good luck

Ron
lanerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 11:54 AM   #21

A simplified inverter/shore/genset circuit. Note that the transfer switch shown is the one at the end of the shore power cord (utility cabinet). There is another transfer switch internal to the inverter. Also note the location of the distribution box/ house breakers ... AFTER the inverter and BEFORE the wall outlets. Assuming your measurements at the distribution breakers are correct, the problem is between the distribution breaker and the bathroom GFCI (like you said).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inverter.jpg
Views:	1815
Size:	70.9 KB
ID:	80952  
Old 12-12-2014, 11:55 AM   #22

The circuit breaker on my inverter is right on the front face and the unit is working fine.

I've checked every outlet in and outside of the rig. The exterior outlet for the block heater works fine. The one in the main stg bay for the tv doesn't work nor does the one for the ice maker inside the frig access panel. The frig outlet is fine.

Inside, all outlets except the two next to the bed are without power. There has to be a junction box between the circuit breaker panel and the bathroom outlet where the GCFI is. It would also be nice to have a wiring diagram of the rig so I know where to look.
Old 12-12-2014, 12:05 PM   #23

Quote:
The circuit breaker on my inverter is right on the front face and the unit is working fine.

I've checked every outlet in and outside of the rig. The exterior outlet for the block heater works fine. The one in the main stg bay for the tv doesn't work nor does the one for the ice maker inside the frig access panel. The frig outlet is fine.

Inside, all outlets except the two next to the bed are without power. There has to be a junction box between the circuit breaker panel and the bathroom outlet where the GCFI is. It would also be nice to have a wiring diagram of the rig so I know where to look.
I agree ... and if not a junction box, maybe a "junction" like another outlet before the bathroom GFCI. .... what year is your RV?

BTW, I have a 120vac wiring diagram from 1996 but it isn't much help for something like this because it doesn't show actual point-to-point wiring. It's more of a "layout" of where the receptacles are located.

This is my 97 120vac layout that was hand verified but I don't know the physical point-to-point connections.

120VAC Breakers Endeavor
------------------------

Breaker #5

- Bedroom Nightstand Driver Side
- Bedroom Floor Outlets (2)
- Reefer (see NOTE below)

Breaker #6

- Bedroom Nightstand Passenger Side
- Bedroom TV
- Bathroom Vanity
- Kitchen Countertop (2)
- Microwave
- Front Overhead Compartments (2)
- Behind Recliner
- Under Dining Table
- Cabinet Above Dining Table
- Outside Bay Near Entrance

NOTE: Breaker #5 is Disabled When 120VAC Is Provided By Inverter.
Reefer is INOP on 120VAC when on Inverter Only !!
Old 12-12-2014, 12:16 PM   #24

2004 HR Ambassador 38PDQ
Old 12-12-2014, 12:38 PM   #25

Outlets

Just had the same problem in my coach just yesterday. No power to the front of the coach. It seems that the electrical power supply is like the xmas tree light cord. When one goes out the following ones don't work. Had a rv repair guy out and he found that the wires came loose from one of the receiptacles there fore no power from there on. Check to see which outlet has power . If the one after that has no power that is the problem. Anyway, that was the problem with mine. I looked for the gfi's but couldn't find any. I also checked the inverter, breakers . Frustrating!

2001 Exe
rdstr29
John
rdstr29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 12:54 PM   #26

Quote:
2004 HR Ambassador 38PDQ
Sorry ... somehow missed your sig line.

Your physical layout may be quite different from mine. My main distribution panel is mid-coach between the bathroom and kitchen. Based on that physical location, and the actual outlets that are on my Breaker #6, I "think" they ran breaker/bedroom TV/bathroom vanity (GFCI)/kitchen/front dash area/along the passenger side/ending in passenger bedroom side. I say that only based on continuous wire length. This would put the bedroom TV outlet ahead of the GFCI (in my coach).

You might want to stand back near your Main Panel and do the "how would I run wire to not waste wire ?" (while eliminating outlets that work).
Old 12-12-2014, 03:01 PM   #27

My power distribution panel is in the bedroom above the cabinet where the washer/dryer would go. From there its anyone's guess which way the wires go, they all disappear into the composite wall.

All of the outlets other than the GCFI are one piece affairs with no way to really check them without removing them...and they aren't made to be removed and replaced...just replaced. I think they set the boxes, wired them from behind before constructing the walls. There is no slack in the wiring in any of the boxes behind the outlets.
Old 12-12-2014, 03:15 PM   #28

Quote:
My power distribution panel is in the bedroom above the cabinet where the washer/dryer would go. From there its anyone's guess which way the wires go, they all disappear into the composite wall.

All of the outlets other than the GCFI are one piece affairs with no way to really check them without removing them...and they aren't made to be removed and replaced...just replaced. I think they set the boxes, wired them from behind before constructing the walls. There is no slack in the wiring in any of the boxes behind the outlets.

Most outlets are like this:
Amazon.com: Diamond Group (WDR15WT) White Speed Box Receptacle with Cover: Automotive

Granted ... the ears may break ... but you can pull them out and check the wiring. Even if you break some it's cheaper than calling "the guy"

Tags
power