RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2011, 01:50 PM   #1

1996 Monaco Signature Series with Computer Dash

I have a 1996 Monaco Signature Series 40ft with a computer dash from the factory. It is the old DOS system and of course its crashed and in operable. Has anyone changed this type of unit to a newer version or went to an analog dash board? Any contacts would be great as this looks like a winter project.

Joe

joeplazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeplazek View Post
I have a 1996 Monaco Signature Series 40ft with a computer dash from the factory. It is the old DOS system and of course its crashed and in operable. Has anyone changed this type of unit to a newer version or went to an analog dash board? Any contacts would be great as this looks like a winter project.

Joe
Joe, It's just a guess, but if it's your computer that went south, and the monitor part is OK, you can probably replace it with just about any cheap PC off ebay, IF you have the disks to reload the software. If not, and the hard drive is OK, perhaps the hard drive from the old computer can be copies over onto another.

Old 09-24-2011, 10:20 PM   #3

I am sure I can do something like that when I get up enough nerve to dig into it,,LOL. I get a little nervous driving with no engine and chassis monitoring system. I just wanted to see if anyone out there had any experience with this kind of deal. Ya never know.
joeplazek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 10:48 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Many of the older industrial system I work on have old dos AT-PC's in them. Some even load off floppies! Many don't have keyboards or even monitors, unless I need to plug them in to observe what is or isn't happening. They are not awful to fix and trouble shoot. Doable as long as the drive is good, or you have or can get the stuff to reload it.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
computer, dash, monaco