RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2018, 07:49 AM   #1

1997 Executive wiring diagram

I知 having intermittent power failures that affect the dash, fan, and throttle. I also have lost the power to the lights along side the bed. Does anyone have a wiring diagram or know where I can get one?

Seamore is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2018, 11:04 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Wiring diagrams are hard to find!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2018, 01:45 PM   #3

Seamore, I have a 1998 Executive and have the Wiring Diagram booklet. It doesn't show much for the DC Light problem. I did look at the listing on the dc fuse block and it shows a 20 amp fuse that goes to bedroom DC lights. Its in the middle of the line of fuses with a black wire in my 98. If you don't know the house fuse block is behind the control panel across the hall from the refrigerator. The panel door is hinged on the top, pull the bottom to open, fuses are in the back of the compartment with a black pull off cover.

The dash problem could be a solenoid located in the outside wire compartment located below the driver seat. Mine has two solenoids at the upper left. One controls power to the dash when the key is on. It will also give poor response when trying to start the engine if bad. On mine, I noticed the voltage would read low when the solenoid contacts were poor. You can turn the key off and on several times to improve the contact or give the solenoids a smack with a small hammer while DW watches the voltage gauge with the key turned on. If the solenoid is going bad it won't get better and will need replacement soon.

Good luck with things
Larry
larry koenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 08:14 AM   #4

Thank you Larry, I was beginning to think I was missing something. My interior configuration must be different than yours, because I don’t have a cabinet across from the refrigerator. It does give me new life in finding more fuses. Do you have 2 solenoids in the rear power distribution box and only one in the front under the drivers side. I’m not sure if there is a better way to test them or if it is just worth the money and time to change them out anyway. ??? I will let you know when I find the fuse block and if changing out the solenoid makes a difference.
Thank you
Old 05-27-2018, 08:44 AM   #5

Found the fuse block directly behind the control panel. Blown fuse for the rear lights, now I just need to work on the ceiling fan above the stove, on the same circuit...

Thank you again, we feel so much better being able to say that we at least were able to find and fix this problem.

Where are you from? How long have you had your MH?, where do you travel?
Old 05-27-2018, 11:42 AM   #6

Seamore, we've been full timing for awhile, started in 2000. 16 trips to Alaska, where we are now. We winter a little south of Houston, and generally put about 30,000 miles a year on the rolling house. This one now has over 260,000 miles on it, and is still good for another 250,000 but I'm not sure I do.

On my electrical diagram the two solenoids in the bay below the driver are labeled ignition solenoid and accessory solenoid. The accessory one goes to all the dc fuses in the compartment you found.

Of the two in the back the one on the right is the salesman switch going to the domestic fuse block, the one to the right goes to the front run plate. (Yours may or may not be the same). The large solenoid is the battery boost.

Again, good luck
Larry
larry koenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 11:43 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamore View Post
Do you have 2 solenoids in the rear power distribution box and only one in the front under the drivers side. I知 not sure if there is a better way to test them or if it is just worth the money and time to change them out anyway. ??? I will let you know when I find the fuse block and if changing out the solenoid makes a difference.
Thank you
I think our coaches are similar but probably not identical, so this anecdote may or may not help you:
We had similar intermittent dash power issues that turned out to be a failing solenoid in the front power bay under the driver's seat. On our coach the power bay contains three banks of fuses and a slew of relays that all sit downstream of two large solenoids. Power for all of the dash functions (and several other systems) are grouped on one of the panels and pass through one of the solenoids. I forget which one, but it is easy to see by tracing the power feed from the panel where the failing items are fused back to the solenoid.
The solenoids are readily available at Napa, O'Reillys, etc. On our coach they are White Rogers 70-111224-5. $26.
I have tested these solenoids by putting a meter on the power output and then triggering the control circuit 100 times. No failures means look somewhere else.

Note that the ignition switch can also fail with similar symptoms. We've changed both. On our coach the switch is GM p/n 12356033. $25 without the key cyclinder.
Note that the OEM version from a GM dealer didn't work in our dash, but the Taiwanese made one I got at O'Reilly did. Here's a write up on replacing the switch Ignition switch removal

HTH,
Old 05-27-2018, 06:11 PM   #8

Larry, it works!!! Thank you so much for your information my wife and I are so greatful for your responding. If ever we meet up we owe you and your wife a drink, or dinner. Let us know if you are ever in the Seattle area.

Bob, thank you for your info, you are right, my configuration is not the same, but I知 sure the information you gave will be used in the future. Thank you also for taking the time to reply with your info to help solve my issue. If ever either of you need some help or information, I will be glad to be there. Happy, and safe travels to you both.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #9

There are 2 solanoids in the fuse compartment below drivers window outside replace both that will solve your problem

allenfri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
wiring, wiring diagram