Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #29

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435534919.642137.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	55.5 KB
ID:	98632

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum

Joe PLAZEK
Ontario Canada
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2015, 05:46 PM   #30

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1435535120.684746.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	294.7 KB
ID:	98634

Joe PLAZEK
Ontario Canada
Old 07-12-2015, 09:35 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeplazek View Post
Attachment 98634

Joe PLAZEK
Ontario Canada
I found a thread you had posted quite a bit in. That dash of yours is insane!

I added two new steer tires yesterday and the thing drives like new. Turns out I learned something new too. Seems the date code on the driver's front tire was 2012. 48th week. Not bad but it was worn pretty well. I was having trouble locating the date code on the passenger side Goodyear. So the guy points it out to me. But it's only three digits. Turns out they didn't start using a 4 digit code until 2000. The tire on the front of my coach was a 1996 model tire! We just completed a 2,500 mile trip on that tire!
Holy hell we got lucky.

Swapped out tail lights. Fixed both fantastic fans. Will probably try to work on the entry door handle some more today too. So much to do.
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:04 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
sastrol
You say the one front tire was pretty badly worn, any particular reason?

When I bought my rig in 2008 the front tires were wearing with a cupping pattern so I took it in for an alignment. I used the shop that Buddy Gregg recommended. My alignment was way off, the shop aligned and then rotated front tires to back. I ran these tires for ~5 months to make sure the alignment was right and then had 2 new mounted on the front, Bridgestones. I now have ~45K miles on them and they still look like new. Mounted 4 on the rear ~4 years ago and they look good also.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 08:53 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
sastrol
You say the one front tire was pretty badly worn, any particular reason?

When I bought my rig in 2008 the front tires were wearing with a cupping pattern so I took it in for an alignment. I used the shop that Buddy Gregg recommended. My alignment was way off, the shop aligned and then rotated front tires to back. I ran these tires for ~5 months to make sure the alignment was right and then had 2 new mounted on the front, Bridgestones. I now have ~45K miles on them and they still look like new. Mounted 4 on the rear ~4 years ago and they look good also.
My assumption is that the tire, being nearly 20 years old was probably just in bad shape. I had a pretty hard pull to the right and that was gone after putting the new tires on.

However, that being said, it's still going in for an alignment when I take it back to do the last 3 tires on the rear.
castrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2015, 03:25 PM   #34

My tires are still the original tires. Date stamp 96. I know they should be changed but they are still in great shape.

Joe
joeplazek is offline   Reply With Quote