Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-11-2014, 10:28 AM   #1

1998 Holiday Rambler Endevor diesel battery problems HELP PLEASE

Hi everyone, this is my first post and I haven't been rving very long. My chassis batteries are very very low too low to start the motor, so my house batteries are charged so I used the "aux" battery switch to try to start it with no avail. I have done this before and had no problem. When I push the rocker switch (aux batt) the dash lights up bright but then I turn the ignition to the start position the lights and low air alarm flashes on and off and that's all I see and hear. Anyone have any idea why the aux batteries wont start the motor or even try to turn it over? Thank you
buddyholly is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #2

Sounds like the house batteries are too low also. Jump it.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #3

Does anyone know where the air connector is located on a 1998 HR to release the brakes? I have parked the rv to where I cant access the battery compartment. Dummy me, Im learning!
Old 03-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #4

Air Brakes HR 1998

Unbelievable, I have parked my RV to where I can't access the battery compartment and I need to charge the batteries to move it. Does anyone know where the air supply is located so that I may supply air to release the brakes? Dummy me, I'm learning!

Thanks
Old 03-11-2014, 06:38 PM   #5

So when you turn the key with the aux rocker flipped and the lights and buzzer running...does it dim things like it is drawing the battery down. If not - are you sure it is in neutral and everything is in the proper position to turn over. Does the genny start? You probably have it moved already - but maybe it is not the battery.....
DA_BUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 04:14 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Since your questions have evolved to be manufacturer specific, I have moved your thread here to the Monaco owners forum where you'll get more knowledgeable views.

Best of luck.

Rick

2007 Itasca Ellipse 40FD
RickO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:35 PM   #7

Buddy the air supply will be on the left side of the generator bay.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:44 PM   #8

Air

Hi on the drivers side front bay you should have an air manifold where you may be able to add air to the system. You could also try at the air dryer which is on the same side but further back in the same bay as the air cleaner.
32hotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 07:03 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Have you tried starting the Gen and charge the batteries from there. Or have you or can you get to the power cord and charge from shore power.
Old 03-12-2014, 07:53 PM   #10

Charging from shore power

Hi, yes I have charged the batteries from the shore power. I tried again to start the RV by using the "aux" batteries which are the ones I just charged. I turn the key very dim lights, push the toggle switch and all lights are very bright so I turn the key to start, all dash lights start flashing on and off buzzer goes on and off with the lights. I get no clicking or any sound from the RV motor starter. So I tried to start the genset with the aux switch and it pretty much did the same thing. Let me add we had to by pass the aux power switch with a jumper cause the switch fell apart.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:58 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
If your house batteries are charged, and they should be if you are on shore power, and you press the aux start switch. If you still can't start up then your big boy solenoid is probably bad. Not uncommon.
And you can't get to the battery compartment because if the way you are parked.
On my 2001 diplomat my salesman switch relay is mounted on a board in the bay under the driver seat. On that board I have 2 heavy gauge Red wires. One from the house batteries and one from the chassis batteries. You should be able to put the positive battery charger on the chassis battery post located on the board and put the black to ground. That should charge your chassis batteries from the driver side if your rig is like mine.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 09:59 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
You could also charge your chassis batteries from the starter which connects directly to the chassis batteries.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, battery, holiday rambler