Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-26-2010, 12:54 PM   #1

1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP

We just purchased this MH and were wondering if anyone on this site also owned a 1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial diesel pusher so we could get some advise and suggestions from them. I look forward to hearing from the owners.
bevdazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-26-2010, 08:33 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bevdazz and welcome to the forums. While I don't have a 98 Imperial, I do have a 99 HR Endeavor DP and will be more than happy to share anything I can. Again, welcome and enjoy the community
Caemlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #3

Welcome to the site! A lot of good folks here and I am sure someone will chime in soon.
RUNDLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:43 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2 Bev.

Is there a particular question you have as so many times questions can be answered generically. An example would be similar appliances ,chassis's, etc.
Old 05-28-2010, 08:24 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome. We have a 97 Imperial. We've had it for about 7 years. Anything we can help with?
hickeybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2010, 07:46 PM   #6

1998 HR Imperial questions

Actually we just purchased the 1998 HR Imperial and it did not come with an owner's manual which we are looking for. Wonder where the battery shut-off is located - wonder how to read the inverter monitor as it isn't like our last MH -

And we wanted to get any ideas from other owners about what to expect from the coach.
Thx
Bev
Old 05-31-2010, 02:54 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Bev:

Our battery and chassis cutoff switches are located on the wall inside the bay where the batteries and inverter is located. If you open the door right behind the rear wheel on the passenger side, look to the left of the inverter, you should see two chrome handles, one labeled chassis and one labeled coach.

Regarding the Inverter, we've replaced the original one with a newer model, so I don't think I can help you with the monitor.

The owner manual is not in depth, however I have two for our 97. We won't be back home until the first part of July, so if you want to email us around the first of July, I'll see if I can find the second one.

We bought ours used in 2002 with 47,000 miles on it. It now has over 162,000 and running strong. The normal maintenance has been required. We service it every 6-12 months, changing the air filter once a year.

Hope some of this helps.

Safe Travels,

Bill & Patty
hickeybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Glad you joined iRV2. Enjoy the site. Answers are free.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 07:45 PM   #9

Thanks so much for the info - our battery shutoffs are in the same place. I plan to save your email and remind you first part of July for the manual if I haven't been able to locate one before then.

Enjoy your travels and stay safe!!

Bev
Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hello bevdazz
I too just purchased a 1998 HR Imperial DP. Really nice rig, no problems so far, I have put over 1700 miles on it since March 31 2010. My biggest problem was OHS
( operator head space ) This is my first diesel and while I do have a owners manual it is very little hep when it comes down to ....... How to, where is, what do I need...
It does give a maintenance schedule for most items....
PM me if you need something and I'll look it up and give you what info I have in the manual......
Roy
Rver13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:37 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 99 Navigator and I hate to say the coach manual itself leaves quite a bit to be desired. Are you missing the engine and tranny manuals too? Those are very good along with most of the other little manuals for stuff but if it's just the coach one you're missing, you're not missing a whole lot. I called Monaco on it and they said manuals back in late 90s were not as detailed as the later model units.

Ray