Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2015, 03:46 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
1999 Diplomat slide rollers

I put out the slide on my Diplomat this morning to prep for a trip and found orange plastic on the floor. The plastic is the coating from the rear roller on the kitchen slide out. Does anyone know the best way to replace the rollers for the slide out. Sure need some guidance.
Thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2015, 04:18 PM   #2

Just had it done on our passenger side rear slide. $400 including air freight from HWH. I'm probably a bit older than you but it's the type of job I wouldn't consider no mater the age. Some will write in and say it is a piece of cake. Just one mans opinion.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-25-2015, 05:09 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Mike put the slide 1/3 out remove the bottom of the kitchen cabinet, they just lift out bend the lock nut tab and back off on the adjustment screw and remove the roller measure and call the folks in the past below. When you get the new roller install leaving slack in the roller go to the other roller ( I think its only two )back it off with the slide out 1/3 tighten on both rollers until they touch then another 1/4 to 1/2 more on both then use blue loctite on the lock nut you should be good to go. By the way you have another cooler under the couch that can only be adjusted by getting under the left front wheel well.

Alexander Screw Products
8750 Pendleton Pike
Indianapolis, IN 46226
317-898-5313
Alexander Screw Products, Inc.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 06:11 PM   #4

Like I said go get it done. I'm 77 and been there and done that.

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 07-25-2015, 06:17 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Ross Im 78 and would tackle it and have on a previous coach, it is a easy job it would be one of the easier jobs that I have done lately.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 08:31 PM   #6

Remove one of yours,take a look at the shaft, You will need this info, is it round, square or Hex, You will also need the measurements.
These are conveyor rollers, mine are black, will not leave marks on the floor. Do 1 at a time, I believe there are 3. not a hard job, when you are taking the bolts out, they are the way you adjust the slide, this is the reason they use the locks on them.
VegasFoodGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2015, 07:29 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Looking at the roller that is coming apart under the kitchen drawer, it looks as though it is round and the tabs are not bent over the bolt head. I am wondering if a person can replace the skin by pressing a section of PVC pipe over the roller. I have to leave for a wedding in Fallon Nevada Wednesday and will take it apart next week when I return.
Thanks for the guidance.
Mike

Tags
slide