Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-24-2018, 05:31 PM   #1

1999 Holiday Rambler Admiral Brochure and Manual

I am considering the purchase of a 99 HR Admiral 34 foot gasser (Ford V10).

Does anyone have the brochure or manual for this motorhome? The HR site only goes back to 2001 for brochures and 2000 for manuals. I have struck out with Google.

Thanks.

John
DMR6124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2018, 07:55 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
We had an '01 for 10 years and don't think there were a lot of differences between those earlier years. We did a lot of research back then.

Many motorhome owners manuals are generic to some degree. One question would be which chassis does yours have? That can be identified with pictures if you can post them.
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:14 AM   #3

I believe the coach under consideration is the 99 HR Admiral M-34F with the F-53 chassis GVWR 20,500 lbs. But the seller is unsure of the details. He can't find the weights info sheet - probably some DW peeled it off the wardrobe door years ago.
Old 02-25-2018, 06:01 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Ask for the VIN and Google it?
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:06 PM   #5

The VIN will give me GVWR and GAWR's. But UVW, NCC and GCWR are controlled by the coach builder,not the chassis manufacturer.
Old 02-25-2018, 07:19 PM   #6

The 1999 Admiral was the first year of production. It was an entry level coach which listed for the low 70 thousands. In order to keep the cost down most of the items in the coach were not the best quality. The Ford drive line had faults which in the subsequent years were corrected, poor shifting transmissions, white knuckle control, air cleaner issues, steering stabilizers.

I had a 1999 32 footer with a signal slide. I owned this coach for 535 days and the dealer and Monaco factory had it in for repairs for 464 days. NOT A GOOD COACH. Monaco took the coach back to Indiana fixed all the concerns and returned the coach to me. Twenty minutes later the generator quit.

I sold the coach and gave the buyer the service contract that Monaco gave me.

Monaco in lue of a law suit agreed to sell me a new 2002 Ambassador for 42% off of list. I had the coach for two years and trade in the coach for what I paid for on a 2004 Endeavor which I still had.

In order to get this Admiral to be safe and mechanical well I had to do the following modifications.

1) Had to install a Davis True Track. With out it you I had a white knuckle drive fighting the wheel woundering on the road.
2) Had to install a Banks Trans Command other wise the transmission was always hunting for gears on hills and had excessive slippage in shifting gears.
3) Air clear horn was located in an area while driving in the rain would suck water into the air cleaner and the check engine light would come on. Installed a Banks ram air cleaner and all was ok.
4) Slide out bolts used on gear shaft rod were not grade 8 bolts . Kept shearing bolts and pins. I changed the grade five bolts for grade eight and used better shear pins. No longer a problem.
5) Water leak from dash, Monaco had to re-carpet.the whole coach.
6) Dash panel de- laminated. Monaco replaced the dash.
7) There were other minor items that needed repairs.
8) Added Safe-T-Plus, which I would put on any coach.

If if do buy this coach find out if any of these modifications have been made and review repair history.

When I sold the coach all items were repaired.
Robert T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:36 AM   #7

Many thanks for feedback from an actual owner. I will certainly add these items to my inspection.

Tags
holiday rambler, manual