Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-01-2012, 08:56 AM   #1

1st MH, chose a Monaco Knight

Hello all,

After moving up from a travel trailer to a 5th wheel, we've now chosen and ordered our first diesel pusher. We picked a Monaco Knight 40 pdq.

It's been special ordered and now we have the long wait for it to arrive!

We're excited to get it in and try it out. It took us 18 months to look at everything and consider all our options from bunks to no bunk, floorplans, manufacturers, length and dealers! Quite the process!

We're happy to be part of the Monaco family!
chickymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-01-2012, 09:30 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Welcome to the Monaco Family and iRV2 Forum. Lots of good help here.
Gordon66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:10 PM   #3

Congratulations. I have a 2008 knight. Have used it for almost 5 years. We are full timers and live in it. It has been a good coach. Good luck. Where did you buy it? Did you get a good discount?

Steve
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Hi and . Congrats on the new rig.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:06 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post
Congratulations. I have a 2008 knight. Have used it for almost 5 years. We are full timers and live in it. It has been a good coach. Good luck. Where did you buy it? Did you get a good discount?

Steve
Hi Steve,

We ordered through DeMartini in Grass Valley. We happen to live fairly close and after getting quotes from dealers in CA, OR and TX, it was clear that we weren't going to get a better deal or better service elsewhere. The only downside was they don't (or wouldn't) take our 5th wheel as a trade so now we have to deal with selling it on our own which isn't all bad because we'll get more money for it but it's still a hassle.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:40 AM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new purchase. Hope you enjoy the site and all your future travels. Be safe and Happy Motoring!!!
Steve N Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 03:35 PM   #7

We bought our Monaco from DeMartini in 2007. Great dealer. Before we took off full timing, we lived in Nevada City. Great place to live.

Who did you work with at DeMartini? We worked with Jay.

You did not buy the Knight they have on their web site?

Steve
bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
KZ RV Club
Heartland RV Club
Jayco Owners Club
Congrats on a beautiful new rig. Be sure to post some pics when you can.
Old 02-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdomino View Post
We bought our Monaco from DeMartini in 2007. Great dealer. Before we took off full timing, we lived in Nevada City. Great place to live.

Who did you work with at DeMartini? We worked with Jay.

You did not buy the Knight they have on their web site?

Steve

Yes, Nevada City is beautiful!

We worked with Tim and Jon mostly. And no, we didn't buy the one on the website. We thought about it, but we got a better price by special ordering which also allowed us to tweak a few things to better suit us. We deleted the outdoor entertainment and select comfort bed and added a hide a bed sofa and polished ceramic tile. Everything else is exactly the same!

I bet you've seen some great stuff full timing! Maybe someday for us. We're still fairly young with a 5 year old at home. So for now it's weekend trips and summer vacations.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:35 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Welcome! We love our 08 knight, great coach.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 06:14 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Welcome, We checked out the new knight at Quartzsite with Drifter and the gang. It looked great!

Mike
Old 02-03-2012, 07:30 PM   #12

Fleetwood Owners Club
I will add my congratulations also. We own a 2008 Knight. Realizing that all coaches have problems, I have been impressed how trouble free our coach has been ( of course that will probably change now )....again congratulations.

Mike
mscully103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 AM   #13

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
and the Monaco Family. We have had two Monaco's and have been pretty happy with them.
Old 02-07-2012, 11:17 PM   #14

New 2012 Knight from Quartzite

We purchased the 2012 40PDQ Knight from Quartzite. It's a beauty! I do have to say our 20 min. walk through sucked when we went to pick it up. The 2 techs couldn't answer our questions. The one about checking the transmission fluid really made me wonder. I asked them to start the engine and show me how to check it. They started it then went to the back and pulled the dip stick. Not once but 3 times before I told them they were pulling the engine oil dip stick! Went on to the next one that was above the engine oil and pulled on it too find out there is no stick on it??? You think they could tell me why? Nooooo! Had to read the Allison book to find out it's all done by electronic diagnostics right on the shift select pad. They also couldn't explain the Power Control System monitors, inverter, or how to set up and use the blue tooth system. When DW asked that question the one guy said he'd have to ask his 8 year old!
When we first test drove the unit it had a travel fault on the electronic air leveling system. The alarm was sounding and the salesman said it would be fine to test drive and they'd take care of it before we picked it up. Well guess what---it was still alarming when we went to pick it up. The tech said he had reset it and it worked fine. Well it didn't so they told me to take to the Emerald Cove and they'll send a tech to fix. No show on Monday so today Tuesday 2-7-12 I call Monaco. They walk me through several trouble shooting procedures and say there is a communication failure. What do I do I ask? They say they don't know and give me the number to leveling manufacturer. You ever feel like your left hanging? So I call Valid the manufacturer. First off he says that unit should have NEVER been driven with a fault code. We do a bunch more stuff and sure enough he says there's a communication problem and a tech needs to look at it. So he tells me to contact them. My contact wasn't there so I called the Valid guy back to find out just what the tech needs for tools when (or if) he shows up. At least I have everything the tech needs! So I'll be down at the sales lot in Parker,AZ at 9 bells when it opens! I think I'm gonna have a headache if they send any of those same techs!
There is some really cool features though trouble is I had to read about them myself! Good LUCK
dw624 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco