Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-04-2012, 07:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2000 Monaco Dynasty tail lights

Has anyone had to change their tail lights? I called Monaco and they wanted $70 each for them. I am sure they can be replaced for less. The ones I have are GE. I was not able to get Monaco to give me the part number. I hope someone has the part number.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #2

I presume you mean the lenses? Usually the # is stamped on the lense and a google search will provide the vehicle that the lense originally was designed for, you can then go on ebay and find them much cheaper. If your 2000 Dynasty has the same lense as my 02 Endeavor they were originally designed for mid 70's Blazer, although the Blazer only had the red lense and not the amber. There was someone on ebay a while back trying to sell amber ones as being for a Blazer. Don't know if they are still there, but it might be worth a try. Hope this helps.

Old 06-06-2012, 07:44 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Someone had on another forum said they found the tail lights for their Monaco were also on the 1 ton chevy van. I brought my tail light to NAPA and found a match! They were half the price that Monaco would have charged me. Thanks so much for info and being willing to help!
Old 06-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I believe your motorhome, MDC99's and mine use the same Amber and Red lenses. Like MDC99 said, Monacos products around our year and models use the GM Blazer and Full-size Van Red tail light lenses. The problem I had was the Amber lenses. I had a broken one when I got the motorhome. Had to order the correct part number (L or R)thru Monaco because the GM Tyco lenses were not available thru any other vendor--yikes--not cheap, but worked out OK.
If you notice, the Amber Lenses (turn signals)and their lamp housings above your Red lights are inverted and swapped. In other words, at the factory Monaco inverts the Amber housings and lenses and inserts the Lamps in the Amber housing in the second lamp socket (There are 2 sockets in the housing that will take the factory lamp socket) Then swaps their position. If you notice, the Left Amber lense is inverted and is marked RH. The Right amber lense is also inverted and marked LH. That is why it was so confusing when I had to order an Amber lense. Glad I got the correct one. This is the normal configuration from the factory. I didn't like the looks of the factory setup, so I swapped them back onto their correctly labelled positions by swapping both the lamp housings and lenses, and re-positioning the lamps into the other lamp socket. A nice result of this is that your turn signals are easier to see from the rear now. They seem abit brighter to me.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:55 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Part Numbers:
AMBER 1. Left-Hand (LH) (May be mounted inverted on the Right-Rear of your MH)
TYC (Tyco) number is on the lense
E1 P/N= 15931
Intergy P/N= 16613136
Vendor P/N= V-950-L
2. Right-Hand (RH) (May be mounted inverted on the Left-Rear of your MH)
TYC (Tyco) number is on the lense
E1 P/N= 15956
Intergy P/N= 16613145
Vendor P/N= V-950-R

Red Lenses 1. Left Lense (LH)
TYC (TYCO) P/N is on the lense
E1 P/N= 17227
Intergy P/N= 16612518
Vendor P/N= V-930-L
2. Right Lense (RH)
TYC (TYCO) P/N is on the lense
E1 P/N= 17222
Intergy P/N= 16612517
Vendor P/N= V-930-R
I believe the E1 Part Numbers are for Monaco use.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:49 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbodin View Post
Has anyone had to change their tail lights? I called Monaco and they wanted $70 each for them. I am sure they can be replaced for less. The ones I have are GE. I was not able to get Monaco to give me the part number. I hope someone has the part number.

Radar is right on they are V 950 R and L for a lot of Chevy product including 91 Blazer go here for about $30 each
Car Part Wholesale - Auto Parts and Accessories Catalog - Tail Lights

2015 Kia Soul 6 speed manual
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights, monaco