Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2001 Diplomat ride height

Been getting the Dip ready for the trip south, Called Monaco on the ride height and they said front 8 1/2" Rear 9 1/2" Does that sound right.?? If so Measuring from bottom of top
bag plate to the top of bottom bag plate, I'm a inch low in the front and a inch high in the back.? It seem like thats a lot.? Thanks Denny
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:06 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
Information I have stored in some old personal archive files has front 8 1/2" rear 10 1/2". I think your rear height is OK. The front is low by an inch.

I understand that's a 'frame to frame' measurement, not top to bottom of air bag.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 05:03 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
The following is from the Yahoo group archives: It may help. 8.5 and 10.5 is what my chart specifies for a 2001 dip as well.
Ride Height 99 Diplomat and applicable to other models.

Note in 2006 Monaco changed to measuring the distance from the bottom of the top plate of the air bags to the top of the bottom plate.This is for the 98 thru 2000 dip,The old procedure is easier for me because of the double donut type air bags.You will need to find a level concrete or asphalt pad before you start

using 1/2" wood dial cut at 8" and 10" and coach level with safety stands and chassis aired up. adjust front with the 8" wood dial from top of H frame (this measurement is to be taken at the back of the H frame that goes from one side to the other) to bottom of the frame of the coach by adjusting the ride height valve in the middle and over the front axle with a long rod attached to front axle.On the back use the 10" rods to adj the two ride height valves as with the front.

If the measurement is off, loosen the adjusting lock nut at the eccentric slot on the valve. Take a 7/16 wrench and 7/64 twist drill bit and crawl under the front of your coach. Locate the front jack. Just forward of the front jack, you should be able to sit up. You will see a narrow, vertical shaft. That shaft connects to a metal plate fastened to a short tubular piece of plastic. There is an elongated slot in the metal plate with a nut sticking out. Loosen the nut Move the plastic arm (tube) up to raise suspension height, this will inflate all the front air bags. Move the plastic arm (tube) down to lower suspension height, this will deflate the air bags. Make adjustments in small increments. When satisfied insert the drill bit in the plastic arm and valve body, the bit is there to hold the arm while tighten the 7/16 nut to 60 to 80 inch lb. After you finish blow down and start the engine and re air and check the height again adjust if necessary.

Old 09-26-2012, 07:02 AM   #4

Country Coach Owners Club
This chart shows 8.5" front and 10.5" rear for the 2001 Diplomat.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:29 AM   #5

Thanks for the chart Dave, was just ready to post a thread for the ride height settings for our 03 Windsor. Where do you check the settings? Is it between the top and bottom air bag plates? Mick
mickey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:14 PM   #6

Here you go. The procedure and the method of measurement. Elsewhere they refer to using wood dowels cut to length which would work as well and be much easier to fabricate.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
Old 09-26-2012, 05:57 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the chart Dave. My air bags are set wrong according to your chart. The setting for my Imperial is different than some of the others so I will reset them . Thanks again, good info.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:58 AM   #8

The adjusting ride height procedure shown states (Units without air leveling systems only). Can this procedure be used on a coach that has air leveling & no jacks. Mick
mickey53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:45 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey53 View Post
The adjusting ride height procedure shown states (Units without air leveling systems only). Can this procedure be used on a coach that has air leveling & no jacks. Mick
The statement "(Units without air leveling systems only)" is contradicted in the fourth bullet point following "To adjust the suspension hide height begin with:" which says "Air level system in travel mode". "Travel Mode" is a state applicable to coaches with an Air Leveling System. There is a "Travel Mode" light on the air leveling panel.

The page in the post above came, I think, from a Signature owner's manual. I included it to help illustrate how the ride height is measured.

My owner's manual has the exact same word-for-word procedure sans the statements "(Units without air leveling systems only)" and "Air level system in travel mode" and the sketch showing the ride height gauge. My coach has the air leveling system.

What they meant to say was that the air leveling system should be off or disabled. If you have any questions or concerns about this or any other procedure that involves getting under the coach, you should call Monaco for clarification.

FWIW
Old 09-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #10
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by WindsorDave View Post
This chart shows 8.5" front and 10.5" rear for the 2001 Diplomat.

FWIW
Dave, I can't quite make out the figures for my 2002 Windsor. Would you tell me what they are? Thanks!

Joe
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
Dave, I can't quite make out the figures for my 2002 Windsor. Would you tell me what they are? Thanks!

Joe
Joe,

The numbers are 9.5" for the front and 11" for the rear.

HTH
Old 09-27-2012, 09:58 AM   #12

While on the topic, would you happen to have the specs for a '97 Endeavor?

Thanks, -Al
Old 09-27-2012, 11:36 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
While on the topic, would you happen to have the specs for a '97 Endeavor?

Thanks, -Al
No Al, I don't. Sorry. If Monaco does not know, I'd check with one of the chassis-savvy vendors like Source Engineering or Brazel's or Josams. Granted, they're more interested in setting ride height than telling an owner how and justifiably so. But depending who you talk to, they may know and be willing to share in the name of good PR.

FWIW
Old 04-26-2018, 08:57 AM   #14

Hey guys,
So just to be clear.....in 2006 Monaco change how you are suppose to measure your ride height to top of bag bracket to bottom of bag bracket. Does that apply to the years before 2006? Or was that meant from 2006 on? I’m setting ride height on a 2000 diplomat and want to make sure I am measuring in the right area.
Jfreeman is offline   Reply With Quote