Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
2001 Holiday Rambler 38PBD Bedroom Slide

Can anyone tell me the easiest way to access the Power Gear system for the rear slide that is beneath the bed, as I need to adjust the system for proper alignment. Does it require removal of bed frame sides, mattress platform, or other?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-22-2017, 12:54 PM   #2

If your platform can be opened. You will need to remove the platform, should be screws with hinge towards the wall, if it similar to my coach. There should be a box inside with lid, remove the lid.
You can see into the area for track, motor gear drive housing. I find it easier in my coach to remove the bed platform to get better access and lay on floor under slide to work in area.
Old 02-23-2017, 07:43 AM   #3

Thank you. I will attempt that this weekend.
TheIceKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 09:06 AM   #4

Not sure what to adjust?

So I lifed the bed platform and can see the motor, and the piston that runs from the motor to the outside wall of the slide. There are also two metal tube tracks(?) left and right of the motor/piston. I see that where the piston is bolted to the outside wall of the slide, there are two large bolts that appear to allow for some type of adjustment. I am wondering if this is where I need to make the adjustment so that the right side of the slide hits the frame of the coach at the same time the left side hits, thus removing the "cant" that it appears to have at this point. There is about a 1/2"-3/4" gap on the outside right side seal when the slide is retracted all the way. that is what I am trying to correct? It appears to be a Power Slide system.
Old 02-27-2017, 09:57 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIceKing View Post
So I lifed the bed platform and can see the motor, and the piston that runs from the motor to the outside wall of the slide. There are also two metal tube tracks(?) left and right of the motor/piston. I see that where the piston is bolted to the outside wall of the slide, there are two large bolts that appear to allow for some type of adjustment. I am wondering if this is where I need to make the adjustment so that the right side of the slide hits the frame of the coach at the same time the left side hits, thus removing the "cant" that it appears to have at this point. There is about a 1/2"-3/4" gap on the outside right side seal when the slide is retracted all the way. that is what I am trying to correct? It appears to be a Power Slide system.

By examination of mechanical and physical parts I would look first for any issues that the slide was hanging up or getting caught on something. ( have someone move it in and out from fully retracted to our.) observe how it moves during that process. Then you might adjust. These things are adjusted at factory takes a lot to jack them up

Let us know what you determine. You can also call the guys at Elite RV in Harrisburg, OR. They experts with Monaco slides.

Tags
holiday rambler, slide