Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-09-2019, 07:54 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Just to be sure, is the relay that we’re concerned with the right or left one? Or are both wired to the salesman switch?
Bussinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-09-2019, 08:48 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Darn, now your getting technical! My 2 cents is I really don't know except one feeds to the other and that's why your bypassing both. Most comments I've heard from the more knowledgeable guys is "bypass both and be done with it."
engine103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 09:03 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRoy View Post
ps: I believe one of the things that kill those salesman switch solenoids is them being turned on and off with the a/c units turned on and the current spike when doing so kills the solenoid contacts over time.. causing the failure.
I dunno, Rob, the "salesman switch" only interrupts the coach's 12 VDC batteries. The air conditioners run on 120VAC. Transfer switches (shore/gen/inverter) are perhaps what you're thinking of.
Old 11-09-2019, 02:22 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bussinit View Post
Just to be sure, is the relay that we’re concerned with the right or left one? Or are both wired to the salesman switch?
If you're referring to the two in the engine compartment, they both should be wired and controlled by the salesman switch. I believe on mine the control wire is purple and goes to both solenoids. One controls power to the 12V fuse panel in the rear bedroom, and the other controls power to the 12V Domestic Fuse block in the front run compartment below the driver's window. I don't have access to my wiring schematic book, but if you do you can reference that. There should be a page for the "Rear Run Box" which is in the engine compartment.

Attached is the diagram which is laminated onto my rear run box in the engine compartment. The two solenoids on the bottom right are controlled by the salesman switch, they are labeled as "Step Switch", as the salesman switch is located in the front stairwell on our Signature.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2733.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	366.1 KB
ID:	266358  
Our 2001 Signature Repairs & Upgrades Thread
JJTL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 08:17 PM   #19

The thermostats to control boards are 12v control power from house batts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo_RV_Guy View Post
I dunno, Rob, the "salesman switch" only interrupts the coach's 12 VDC batteries. The air conditioners run on 120VAC. Transfer switches (shore/gen/inverter) are perhaps what you're thinking of.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 06:05 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Here's a wiring diagram from the WD book for my 03.

Apparently there are two variations: one with two KIB latching relays and the other with a KIB driving a White-Rodgers type continuous duty relay. Mine was lwired like the bottom one.

Either way, if you want to disable that "salesman-Switch-Battery cutoff" just jumper the big terminals together or if cable length allows, mount both cables on the same terminal.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SalesmanSwitch.JPG
Views:	393
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	266510  
Old 07-12-2021, 05:05 PM   #21

You don't need to jump it. You can just connect both wire to the same lug.
tsnell23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:16 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you for all the suggestions. I went ahead and replaced both since they were easy to find and inexpensive. Everything works again.

Tags
ems, monaco, power