Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2016, 06:37 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2001 Monaco Windsor no rear air and 110V at rear outlets

Had to move sites twice yesterday. First site was a 30/20amp site, everything worked fine for 2 days. Had to move to a temp site which was also 30/20amp. While hooking up, 20amp GFI on the post kept tripping. Resort manager offered us a one day 50amp site which we took. At bedtime I realized I had no power on my rear outlets. I checked breakers, GFI's etc. everything is good. Went to bed thinking I'll figure it out in the morning. Then I noticed the rear A/C wasn't working. Got up checked everything, breakers load center, all good. Called it a night. Morning update, still no idea. Has anyone had this issue? Please help
lblasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2016, 07:01 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
If you don't have rear air and no power at outlets it narrows it down to incoming power. The 50 amp outlet/cord has 2 120 volt leads coming into the coach, L1 & L2. At the main breaker the are split to keep 2 separate circuits. The side that has the rear AC unit sounds like it doesn't have power.

I'd check the 50 amp pedestal to make sure you have power there, if so move to inside the coach and check voltage on both sides of the main breaker panel.

If you can't test try using a 30 amp adapter from the outlet, you will either have power for everything or no power at all.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 08:19 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I had this issue and it turned out that one leg of the 50 amps was missing.
Old 08-25-2016, 07:24 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks great feedback

It turned out to be the shore power pedestal. After reading the replies I turned off the shore power and lit off the generator, everything worked. I have since moved sites. It's not a 50 amp but 30 is working fine. Thanks again
lblasing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2016, 07:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
X2. Took me about an hour to figure it out. I even took the cover off the A/C before it dawned on me to check pedestal. It was about 100 degrees out and I desperately needed both a/c running.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:44 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Two words.....surge protector. It tells you if you have good power on both legs.
Dan & April Mastroluca-2001 Monaco Diplomat 36PBD Cummins ISC330HP 8.3L Diesel 6-Speed Allison Transmission-Toad= 2017 Ford Fusion Energi w/ Roadmaster Falcon II tow bar & Roadmaster Invisibrake FMCA# F452291 https://www.facebook.com/dmastroluca
dmastroluca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:51 AM   #7

Bingo. I have one now. I did not then. Great investment in safety.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 10:59 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post

Same here.... the problem was in the 50A pedestal receptacle...(not in my shore power cord or in my coach).
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:20 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
The Progresive HW50C is I think the best safety unit out there and Amazone has the best price on it , go to the web site below and read what it will do. I have had one since 03 when we were at a Monaco rally at cypress gardens and the generator we were hooked to started surging, I unhooked for the night and installed one the next morning and have been worry free since on elect.

http://www.progressiveindustries.net/#!ems-hw50c/cjk6
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:44 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by walt2137 View Post
The Progresive HW50C is I think the best safety unit out there and Amazone has the best price on it , go to the web site below and read what it will do. I have had one since 03 when we were at a Monaco rally at cypress gardens and the generator we were hooked to started surging, I unhooked for the night and installed one the next morning and have been worry free since on elect.
Progressive Industries RV Surge and Electrical Protection industry lea
walt2137
What did you worry about before you added the Progresive HW50C?
Mel
'96 Safari
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 11:54 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I would think that would be easy to figure out Mel, when we stay in some of the older COE parks in the summer it's not unusual to experince low voltage during the day and before the Progresive I was hesitant to leave the AC on when gone for the day, at the rally's its not unusual to get power surges and low or high voltage spikes also some camp grounds. Did you go to the progressive site and read what and how it protects your coach?
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2016, 01:09 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Not to get argumentative or nitpick here, but a simple 'surge protector' by itself won't necessarily tell you much about leg-power itself. All it is designed to do is shunt an excessively-high voltage spike, saving your electronics/etc (and usually sacrificing itself in the process).

Something like the Progressive HW50C (or similar) will not only tell you a lot about leg-power (missing leg, dropped neutral or ground, etc) , but also act as a surge-protector as well as an over/under voltage-protector.

I think it's obvious that was what you meant, but want to be sure it is clear because there are getting to be more and more of these things out there - and everyone should invest in one. They do help save expensive stuff (not to mention people), when/if something goes wrong.

I work at an rv park in the FL Keys (read that as: "we get lots of lightning, especially in the summer"), and can't count the number of times I've had to tell folks that it isn't our power that failed after a storm, but their unprotected TV/AC/microwave/etc. Keys Electric does a good job at keeping the power clean, but they can't guard against everything when a surge comes down the line.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco