Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2012, 03:57 PM   #1

2002 Diplomat Monaco Leveling Jacks

2002 monaco diplomat front leveling jacks work ok but left rear works on and off, right won't go down. Any suggestions?

gp021470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2012, 05:24 PM   #2

Check oil level with jacks retracted, check for loose wire at pump/valve location..

CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:04 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I don't disagree with CHCam42, but at your driver's seat, if you get the red-light (alarm) when any of the jacks are down, but the red-light (and alarm) stops when all jacks are retracted, you fluid level is OK. It won't hurt to physically check it though.

It does sound like a valve/solenoid problem. With luck, you'll find a bad connector that is preventing full voltage(s) to the solenoids there. But if the voltage is there, then you may need to replace the hydraulic-valve/solenoids for the rear jacks.

The fact that one of the three jacks is working is good news. Measure activation voltage on the solenoid (that operates the front jack)....then go looking for similar voltages on the rear-jack solenoids.
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:05 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I had a similar problem, in addition, one of my rear jacks kept leaking down. I called the Manufacturer and talked with one of the Techs. He gave me some things to try and call him back. After some testing, the Tech told me it was one of the valves on top of the tank that controls the jacks, etc. They shipped the part to me and I installed it myself. The RVA Jack Manufacturer is located in California. They were still in business not long ago. So, look in your book or on the Internet for their phone number. They should be able to help. Good luck.
Mutt
Mutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #5

Forest River Owners Club
Agree with Robi and Mutt. Also had a similar problem as Mutt. If you have the RVA system, you are lucky--great company and relatively easy to troubleshoot/repair. The 40 year owner of the company (Great Guy) told me that as long as you are not leaking fluid down the jack itself, most problems are easily fixable by you, and the jack itself is OK. The solenoids, extend and retract valves (one set per jack) are all easily replaceable. If you have a jack that will not hold and slowly retracts over time, many times just replacing the O rings (2 ea.) in the retract valve will fix the problem. Also small dirt, etc. particles can get into these valves over time. Many times just taking out the valve and cleaning up the seat area solves the problem. The complete valve is also available thru RVA. Note: the "T" handle emergency releases should be only hand tightened---don't overtighten and crush the O ring. Sounds like you have solenoid problems to check out first---have to get all 3 jacks retracting and extending first. If one jack works, then the main parts of your system are OK--good news there. Many times the easily replaceable solenoids become corroded, overheats, and the coil wiring opens inside. After you get all the jacks working, then you can see how well they hold. Call RVA with any questions.
Radarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:31 AM   #6

gp, I have a 2001 Diplomat PBD and I had a problem with the left rear jack. It would operate only after several attempts to get it to extend, it would always retract with no problem. My problem was the switch itself on the drivers control panel. I took the switch apart, cleaned it and put it back together and have had no problems since then. George 2001 Diplomat PBD
Old 08-26-2012, 11:37 PM   #7

I have a 2002 Diplomat and had the problem with the switches and also a LR jack that would leak down. I tried to find new switches but the ones I found would not fit the panel (too wide). I agree that the manufacturer is great. Fortunately for me he is only about 20 miles away from me. I stopped by and he sold me the right switches and gave me a couple of the O-rings.
Another solution is to turn the problem switch 180 degrees. It is a 3 position momentary switch. The retract side is probably still good and the retract ALL switch will retract the jacks. Just swap the wires and turn the switch. I did that for about a year before I replaces the switch.

Bill Muno
2002 Diplomat (36 foot w/3 slides)
2001 Honda CRV

bmuno is offline   Reply With Quote