RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #1

2002 HR Endeavor DC power Problem

Hello all,

I posted this on the open Forum and it was suggested I post my problem here also.

Hello to everyone,

I have lost the DC power to the rear DC power distribution panel.

The rear DC panel, with a 50 amp feed, feeds all the light plus a few other items of power controls in the coach. The power to this panel is back fed from a front DC distribution panel. There is power at it's output points. The electrical diagram shows a cutoff relay which I don't have, that I know of. I have DC power at all points except the back panel.

So the question to the group where does the power cable run in the coach to feed the rear panel? Or where might a cutoff relay be mounted?

Calling Indiana is of no help for they have no information on this coach since the Oregon plant closed. Their comment, " We did not make that coach."

Thanks,

Dick
319-329-4288

P.S. I hot wired it for now.

Dick S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2019, 07:10 PM   #2

I am sure you have checked this, but that salesman switch (mine beside passenger seat) controls a solenoid for DC power?

Old 11-10-2019, 11:58 AM   #3

Greets to all,

Some time back now, I reported a loss of DC power to all the lights and other functions in my coach, a 2002 HR Endeavor. As mysteriously as the problem arose is has mysteriously disappeared.

DC power is fed to a Main distribution panel, from the house batteries, in the left front compartment of the coach. Thru a cutoff relay power is fed to a back DC panel which feeds the light plus other functions.

The Cutoff switch by the front door is non functional on my coach.

I did a manual operation of the relay and all is well, but the mystery continues. Where there was a 12 volt at the coil for the relay there is none now.. But all of the DC functions in the coach have been restored.

Thanks for looking in,

Dick

P.S. I do have the electrical prints of my coach.. I also have a electrical back ground.
Dick S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:38 AM   #4

My 2002 Endeavor also appears to have a non-functional salesman switch by the door. I suspect, haven't confirmed, this switch only functions when shore power is removed. Really no need for it if shore power is on? I will be checking this as a problem I have been experiencing is when I disconnect or have a power outage from shore, my battery charger doesn't come on when powered back up or plugged in. I have to manually switch it back on at the panel on the wall across from the fridge or at the inverter.
Old 11-17-2019, 09:23 PM   #5

D.C. Power problems

I also had an intermittent D.C. Power problems. It Was driving me crazy. sometimes ok and sometimes nothing at all. I finally found that main cables going to main cut off switch were loose.

When I took the switch off the bulkhead it fell apart in my hand. Good thing I checked it as it was burned and scorched. Lucky it didn't catch fire!

Scooter
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1960.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	313.4 KB
ID:	267205   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1961.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	267206  

Scooter363y is offline   Reply With Quote