Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2019, 04:26 PM   #1

2002 Monaco Diplomat Keyless Entry

Back Working on my buddies 02 Diplomat. Had an issue that the door actuator jammed, so I had to get creative and break into the Bus. found the Solenoid to have an open winding so it was non functional. Found a replacement, opted not for one of the no name China made ones, found a better one from Summit, for just a few bucks more. Definitely been replaced before. after hooking it up I still had no signal to the door pins, but if I grounded my probe, id get 12v on the lower pin only, when locking, but nothing to unlock. So knowing where the main board was, I pulled the stereo panel to check for a blown fuse or loose connection. I was greeted with a burnt board with lifted copper traces. the "Unlock" relay is stuck as well so i'm guessing relay stuck, kept the actuator activated till the board itself cooked.. So I am in need of a new or used board to toss back in or a retrofit that will work. This is the board with 3 small relays along the bottom, 2 bigger plug in relays on top. a 2, 3, 5, 12 and 15 pin molex connector. board is approx 3.5" x 6".. board is burnt right on the part number. I cant seem to find one online without the proper name, and the local RV shop quoted me $450 for its replacement..

Also while we are at it, is it wise to replace the older keypad outside? its the older red light button, and its also exhibited a few issues but could of been warning signs the board was failing..

Thanks guys..
Numinex is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2019, 04:56 PM   #2

Purchased my key pad at DiMartini RV, Grass Valley, CA, could not find part number, new one has blue lights. Good luck.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #3

After hours of hunting I finally found the part number KIB 16616060
Old 03-22-2019, 09:21 AM   #4

You probably will not be able to find a new board. I tried to get one for my 2002 Monaco Windsor and could not. You can probably get the numbers off of the relays and search the internet for them. They can be a desoldered and new ones soldered onto the board. If any of your capacitors appear to be burned or leaking you can do the same to them. If you cannot find them on the Internet let me know and I'll try to find them at my source that I used for several other boards that I have repaired. And in the meantime you probably ought to check resistance on the other lock actuators.
79cvx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 02:43 PM   #5

79cvx20

That's what I was afraid of, I can find all the parts, relays, and diodes, and I actually found one floating out there and he wants $$$ for it. reading elsewhere they were hugely failure prone in the early 2000s. I might just have a whack at repairing it. Owner wants to see if we cant totally swap out the entire system to something simpler, but that would still entail me building a board that reverses polarity to the actuators. What I think happened is one of the relays, the one to the Door, stuck and left it powered till the board fried as it had a cheap eBay replacement part in there to begin with, and this board has been out once before as the 2 screws holding it were very loose, and the other side has marks from screws, so either it had been moved, or replaced, as it was vertical above the Steering wheel control box behind the stereo/ hvac panel..

It just boggles me Essex or someone just doesn't have retrofits for it.. kinda crazy to have the Relay board, a box for the Keyfobs, and the Touch Panel brain over in the side box..
Old 03-22-2019, 09:34 PM   #6

I just remembered how I repaired mine last year and it is still working great. It came with two remotes and locks and unlocks the door and all of the storage compartments. I used this from Amazon. I noticed that the specs wouldn't carry enough current on one of the driver circuits for the locks so I installed a Bosch relay in that circuit.
Bosch 332209150 Relay https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010AH6YM..._7HALCbQE06G8F. Docooler Car Remote Central Lock Locking Keyless Entry System with Remote Controllers https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006QH9C5A..._zEALCb0QJR7P7
Old 03-22-2019, 09:37 PM   #7

Here are photos of what I did
Old 03-23-2019, 12:51 AM   #8

Appreciate the links. This might be the way we go.. he still wants the keypad as he'd rather have the keypad than fobs. But in your case isn't all unlocked all locked? So all the bay doors still unlock and lock with the fob? The big issue I'm facing is the key fob box is attached to this burnt out board with all the relays, and I pulled 2 of the small relays off and it's just smoked. No repairing it. So this relay board is what's responsible for reversing the polarity of the door actuators including the bay doors. I think at this point I'll snag that board for $75 to just keep him going for now but I'll put a 3 or 5 amp circuit breaker in the circuit to help protect the relay board if another actuator fries.

Tags
monaco, monaco diplomat