Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-10-2010, 01:59 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2002 Windsor Rear A/C Unit - Motor or Capacitor

I have a problem with my rear a/c unit in my 2002 Windsor.
First of all I don't have an owners manual and I don't know the Mfr
or the BTU's. I looked all over the unit itself and could not find anything legible. I assume it's a 13,500 with a heat pump but not totally sure. It's possible it could be 15,000 btu.

When it goes on the fan does not turn although I do hear the compressor.
I turned the fan by hand and it ran for a while and then stopped. I think I need a new motor and or capacitor. Does anyone know if the capacitor is internal to the moter or seperate. After removing the cover I see the motor but do not see the capacitor. There is another panel with about 12 screws that I can probably remove if the capacitor is there.

If anyone has any info that would help me with this I sure would appreciate it. Before the fan stopped the a/c worked perfectly.

Thanks
Phil
dapperphil is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-10-2010, 02:43 PM   #2

It's a fan motor...the compressor would not kick on if it was the start capacitor..You might try to lube up the fan motor and see if that will help but I have heard of fan motors burning out.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:08 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for your reply. The fan is free spinning with no binds. Any idea who Mfr is for 2002 Monaco Windsor and the Model number. I assume it's the same for most other 2002 Monaco products.
Old 06-10-2010, 06:33 PM   #4

products - Dometic

I have a 2002 Diplomat, here is the link to the ac/heat pump on my RV.
tomgagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 06:57 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for your reply, I think that is exactly what I have. Now I need to find someplace to buy a motor and Capacitor at a reasonable price.
Thanks
Phil
Old 06-10-2010, 06:58 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Phil you will have a 13500 heat pump and it has two capacitors one for the fan and one for the compressor I will up load a section from the heat pump service manual, be sure to take all the power off the AC and short out the capacitors or you will get a pretty good shock they are in the metal box on the passenger side with two screws holding the lid on.
File still didnt upload E mail me at walt2137@yahoo.com for the info.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, sending e-mail now.
Phil