Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-28-2011, 05:29 PM   #29

Hi Mike, Thanks for the Link. No those are not like mine. The TS28915 is the new version which uses the connector type bulb not the simple contact type.
Mine should be the most common type as I recall which were used on most Jeep, Gm cars in the 80s-90s. Almost any ones that were for the 1157 two filament bulb with a plastic housing would work. I am pretty sure the local Auto Zone/Advance should have them. It's too bad I still have a bunch of Made in USA bulbs but I sold the sockets years ago when I sold my shops.
Robert
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-28-2011, 06:58 PM   #30

Moisheh......I am assuming that my 09 Dynasty has the same head and tail lights as your 08. How do I go about identifying my mfg. for lights....want to log this away for future, just in case. This forum is awesome.
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 07:54 PM   #31

Mike I think they are the same. You should have 4 tail lights. 2 on each side. On the lens you should see: TYC 11-5007 on one and TYC11-5008 on the other. I didnt price the lenses but the whole thing is so cheap who cares!!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #32

Moisheh...Thanks, I will check the numbers this weekend. How about front headlights... I believe you said in private msg that they are 05 F250's......is that correct?
Mike & Nancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2011, 10:03 PM   #33

Yes they are Ford F250 2005. Sometime last year a poster in one of the Yahoo forums provided a link to the Moanco parts web site . This is a private web site. I was reading it for a few days and then thought maybe I should download the parts manual for my coach. I did and then printed it. I dont know how complete this is but it shows a lot of items. I lost the downloaded file but have the hard copy. There are pictures as well as Monaco #'s and vendor #'s. On the page for headlights it shows that Ford information. That web site is now blocked!!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:26 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to saduncan1
Well I ordered the Tail lights, didn’t get a shipping conformation!! Called up Autopartsdealer.com, they said I would have to buy 30 of each. They didnt call and let me know this!!! Cancelled the order. Trying Amazon.com shows they have the red brake lamps, amber would ship in about 2 weeks, still no luck with sockets, may have to fabricate something!!!
Old 05-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #35

That is what Hella did, they changed the part number so you can't buy them in ones or twos. Only 30 at a time. No problem for some places that seel a lot of lights.

Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product

I contacted Hella and they will not sell the sockets by themselves and they are unique to these tail lights. Hella is right here just outside of Atlanta.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 10:00 PM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
We need to talk to someone that’s works there and find out who their supplier is!! Then we can buy these parts at a price thats reasonable!!!
Old 05-04-2011, 06:35 AM   #37

I took a real close look at the new units and closer look at the sockets but there is nothing on them such as where made or a part number. It would seem to me to be a bad business practice to have a unique socket for a single mode tail light. It would more profitable to have one socket that can be used in lots of different model lights. Hella is a world wide company based out of Germany and is probably the largest automotive light company in the world. I doubt that they subcontract anything out and they do it all themselves. I do not see "Made in China" anywhere on those new lights and that is probaly why they cost so much.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:28 AM   #38

Damon Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by saduncan1 View Post
We need to talk to someone that’s works there and find out who their supplier is!! Then we can buy these parts at a price thats reasonable!!!
Hi everyone...... Try this web site called RockAuto....RockAuto Parts Catalog click on extras then electrical-lamp and socket...if you do not find your socket they have universal 1,2,or 3wire sockets....and check the prices!!!!!! I do not endorse them just telling everyone.....ckeck out the catalog.....lots of Stuff!!! FYI
Richard
She and I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 08:35 AM   #39

Richard, that RockAuto is a great company and I use them all the time because you can chose the quality of the replacement part. I will endorse them.

They were the first place I went to check on a replacement socket but nothing even close. The universals would take a lot of modifying and not sure it will last or be worth it.
Old 05-05-2011, 07:26 PM   #40

Monaco Owners Club
Well I fouund the replacement sockets!!! Got the new tail lights today, Did a search, made in Spain!!! Ryder Fleet products, part #Hella Replacement Socket for Lamp 121060025, Ryder part #HEL 121060025 $3.75 ea. Well I guess this will help others. Im going to order a few sockets!!!! The high cost of education!!! If you need some tail lights I got some for sale!!!
Ryder
Old 05-05-2011, 07:41 PM   #41

Hey, Sherlock Holmes, great job. I had looked in my Ryder catalog and just checked again and they are not listed. Maybe need a new catalog. Did you find a part number for the single contact bulb socket also?

Again, a great job.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
I didnt even think about that I think I can wire them up to work with a double. What do you think. Better than $400 for the lights!!
Im going to have a glass of wine and a pity party, I could have a tank of fuel for my trip next week!!!

Tags
hella part, light receptical, tail lights