Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-04-2014, 11:25 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2003 Windsor 36PBD Weight

First of all I would like to say I know I need to weigh my Coach.
Any Windsor 36PBD owners that have weighed and would share your info?
I would just like ball park numbers for initial tire pressure dial in.

Thanks,
TC
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-05-2014, 12:07 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Tinmantic I have 36' Monaco 2011 Cayman that I run 105 lbs in front and 95 lbs in the rear tires. I have not done the 4 corners weight measurement. If someone has on this coach I also would appreciate the info. Tinmantc I believe even though we are the same length your coach has steel framing and probably weights more. I hope you don't mind if I piggy back on your thread. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 02:05 AM   #3

Hi Guys,
Whilst on this Tyre-Press subject can anyone advise What I should be running Mine at - 2006 Monaco Knight 38pdq, I've just left them as the Dealer/Supplier sold the vehicle to Me, but I hear the Correct Pressure can make Such a Difference to the ride, I'm Learning Every Day - from All You Knowledgable Guys BIG THANKYOU !
muppet3074 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:42 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I have never had my rig weighed. My Monaco diplomat tire pressure plate behind the driver seat. It says 105 PSI in the front and 115 PSI in the rear. With now 23K miles since new tires and alignment and no sign of any uneven wear on the tires. I just believe these calculations were already done by the manufacturer.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:57 AM   #5

Thanks for Your response, I just thought I'd read on the forum somewhere that many had found a far better ride and handling quality on their MH with slightly different tyre pressures than those recommended by the coach-builder or many be I just dreamt it ?
Old 01-05-2014, 08:42 AM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinmantc View Post
First of all I would like to say I know I need to weigh my Coach.
Any Windsor 36PBD owners that have weighed and would share your info?
I would just like ball park numbers for initial tire pressure dial in.

Thanks,
TC
Mine's a 2003 Windsor 38PBDD and it will be a little heavier than yours. That said:

Left front - 5,900 Right front - 5,700
Left rear - 9,850 Right rear - 9,750

This with half full fuel and water tanks, full propane tank, two thirds full holding tanks, and two people. No toad. Some luggage but not as much as we sometimes carry.

Based on what my tire manufacturer states in their manual for my tires I use air pressure for 6,500 pounds in the front and 5,600 in the rear duals. That gives me plenty of room for additional "stuff" to be added in the way of cargo.

You really should refer to your tire maker's inflation table for your specific tires. They are usually available on line and if not, they will send you the information if you call and ask.

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:48 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
2011 Monaco Knight 36pdq. I have had multiple weights done, most important I thought was the four corner FULL fuel FULL water and full of at least 3 weeks worth of food and beer and the likes and all my normal tools and gear. This is my, or should be my, heaviest weight and is easy to subtract fuel and water weight if needed. I run what the owners manual per the tire manufacture says, or just slightly higher NOT the sticker by the driver. When I first got the coach the previous owner ran the sticker values, rode like a TANK and drove like it was on ice.

Now all that being said the magic numbers were 10,200 LBS front axle split almost evenly from tire to tire. 20,800 LBS rear axle again really close from side to side.

I run 100 in the fronts, about 5 Lbs higher than the manual because the wife and I were not in the coach when I weighed the front so I added 300 LBS for us both then rounded up and the coach feels great at this pressure. I tried 95 LBS per tire and felt a bit mushy. Just for info the sticker says to run 111 LBS per front, bad ride and bad handling on MY coach.

The rears I run 95 LBS. I usually just run that pressure so that would be my "worst" case loading, I could run 90 but that would be almost no water,and that is right from the owners manual table and found it feels good and rides nice.

The sticker for the rear say to run 90 LBS per tire, according to the tire manufactures table that would only allow a rear axle weight of only 20,320 LBS so I would have no water.

Time for coffee, sorry for the long read !
Happy New Year !
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
PS I can not stress enough, you REALLY need to know what YOUR coach weighs under YOUR normal conditions. I have talked to SO many RVers of all sorts who had no idea what they weighed. I have had a pop-up, bumper pull, fifth wheel and now a class A and I knew what they all weighed. Taking all my "stuff" was great but I also hauled my wife,kids,grandkids and for a safe operation I chose to know what load I was placing on the tires and rigs themselves. Can you run a bit over ? to each his own. I do not even want to open that can of worms. It is CHEAP and EASY to get your weight at some point, even a two axle weigh and not a four corner is better than nothing. Ok I will burn my soap box now.
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 10:10 AM   #9

CrazyKnight,
Much appreciated I thought I'd read somewhere that a number of You Guys ran different press's than the sheet, mines laid up and winterised for now with All tanks completely empty but fuel full so I'll get it weighed around Spring and see where we're at, those press's You use sound close to My vehicle supplier so at least I'm on the right track, as I say - Many of You Guys say they drive so much better with the change from the sheet CHEERS
Old 01-05-2014, 10:36 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the replies everybody.
I already planned on weighing when I can get to a scale, but figured I should
at least have it in the ball park when I pull out of the drive.
Taking it to my workplace to put shocks on in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can find a scale open in the area.
One reason for wanting to get pressures right is I want to put equalizing valves on the duals.
Old 01-06-2014, 06:48 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Equalizing valves on the duals.........just wondering if one tire leaks air does it lower the air pressure in the other dual? deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 05:21 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Equalizing valves on the duals.........just wondering if one tire leaks air does it lower the air pressure in the other dual? deSanford

My understanding is if you have pressure loss below a fixed point they close to avoid air loss from both tires.
They are sold in preset increments of 5lbs. The very reason I need to dial
my air pressures in before I purchase.
Old 01-06-2014, 05:53 PM   #13
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Finding your actual weight and then using the tire chart is a good start. Keep in mind that the Goodyears seem to where better (rivering issue) with 5 additional pounds over the suggested weight. This was recommended by Goodyear at one time.

My Diplomat loaded, comes in around 32000 pounds. I use to run the front Goodyears at 105 psi. Anything more and they were rough. I now run the front Hankooks at 105 psi, but they're a softer riding tire. On the shorter coaches like the 36', mine called for 90 psi on the rear. Since I'm still running Goodyears on the rear, I run them at 100 psi and I seem to get good wear and a smooth ride.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
weight