Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2018, 07:13 PM   #1

2005/6 Patriot Thunder/Dynasty/Signature Dash Fan

I think that in '05 and '06 all three coaches used the same fan but I'm not positive. Having said that my fan is howling like a banshee when I turn it on or change settings, so I think it is time for a new one.

Anyone know what the fan is and/or how to source it?
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2018, 04:06 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by distaff View Post
I think that in '05 and '06 all three coaches used the same fan but I'm not positive. Having said that my fan is howling like a banshee when I turn it on or change settings, so I think it is time for a new one.

Anyone know what the fan is and/or how to source it?
distaff,

Are you referencing the AC condenser fan?
ZackMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 07:45 AM   #3

OMG, Paul!!! More to the point, when you figure out how to get to it and remove and replace it, PLEASE SHARE YOUR SUCCESS! Our '06 Dynasty fan is getting there. I tried to get to it and gave up. I had the right end of the dash board top raised about 6", and could only see a little bit of it, using a flashlight and a mirror. There was no way to see a nameplate of any kind.

I am actually thinking that if I do have to replace it, I might have an upholstery shop cut a large opening in the "kick panel" in front of the passenger's seat and make an original-looking cover for it, to gain access.

I'm sorry I can't help with part number type information. My bet is that it will be from an early 2000's Ford truck product. I know that my head and tail lights, and the dash heat/AC fan resistor are all from early 2000's Ford trucks.

Good luck to you, and again, PLEASE SHARE YOUR SUCCESS!!!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
It looks like this is a tough job. Monaco did not design the dash for easy fan motor replacement.
Like Jim says, most of the threads recommend cutting a hole in the dash and making a cover for it as the new fan motors are poor quality and will need replacing again.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sque...or-234029.html
How to replace fan motor. Post # 2 by Papa Jim

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/dash...le-216584.html
Some good posts on replacing the resistor pack.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/dash...nt-338183.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/dash...an-314488.html

There is a file in the Moncaoers Yahoo group titled
"Replace Blower Motor 02 Windsor" Dated April 18, 2011
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2018, 05:40 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Are you talking about the fan that blows out the AC ducts- or the fan for the overhead (windshield defroster) that blows down on the windshield from the top?
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 12:36 AM   #6

Thanks for the various posts. If you saw my post about installing a new wiper assembly I was busy today and am just now having a look.

I am referring to the fan that blows through the dash vents. I noticed it when running the A/C, but it has been noisy when running heater fans so I don't think it is A/C specific.

Not happy to hear how hard this is, but I'll be having more woodwork done in the coach later this year so making a panel to cover an access hole is not out of the question.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 04:40 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
That fan is located on the floor behind the center console. If you remove the two drawers you can see it (the fan housing) at the back. I assume you know this but just can't reach it or doesn't look like it will come out.
CountryB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 06:47 AM   #8

Wow, I hope CountryB is right! On the Dynasty, there is a center console with a drawer and with the AquaHot heat exchanger under the drawer. To the right of that is a pull-out laptop support and map drawer, and under that a large vertical upholstered panel that extends into the cabin perhaps 3" or 4" for the left third of its width and smoothly transitions back and to the right two thirds which is set back from the cabin area. It is well padded and covered with a matching leather-like material, and has the entry handrail attached to it, on the right two-thirds part of the panel. On our coach, the reason for the left third being set out like it is, is to allow for the dash HVAC fan. It is a little above the vertical half-way point, behind that extended out portion of the vertical panel. On our coach, it is not visible from the center console's inner areas.

Like I said, hopefully Mike's experience will be yours. It won't make it easy, but it might make it possible to do it without major surgery. On ours, I'm not sure that if we don't cut thru the front wall of the dash, the first thing that might be required to get to it may be removal of the tag axle, and work our way forward from there!!!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash, fan