Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2014, 09:02 AM   #1

2005 Dynasty Diamond IV

Hi everyone,
It has been awhile since I've been on here, but I now have an '05 Dynasty Diamond IV new to me. Since you've got all the answers, thought I would go right to the horses mouth when looking for answers to my questions.

Can anyone tell me what the blue hose is behind the water hose reel that apparently is a drain for something because it goes through the floor of the bay, it drips water when I am plugged in at a site?

Also, looking ahead, anyone have a picture of the setup to pump RV antifreeze through the water pump to winterize the aquahot?

Sure great to know where to go to get answers, so any other words of wisdom...let me have it.
Thanks,
Byron
bpotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-20-2014, 09:10 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
https://www.mediafire.com/?5t689pm0usv5b24

condensate drain for center AC unit.
There should be a hose and valve attached to water pump in front of Aquahot. You need to review the operations manual on how to winterize. It is very important to winterize the Aquahot correctly. Here is a picture of mine but there might be some differences.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:11 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpotter View Post
Hi everyone,

It has been awhile since I've been on here, but I now have an '05 Dynasty Diamond IV new to me. Since you've got all the answers, thought I would go right to the horses mouth when looking for answers to my questions.

Can anyone tell me what the blue hose is behind the water hose reel that apparently is a drain for something because it goes through the floor of the bay, it drips water when I am plugged in at a site?

Also, looking ahead, anyone have a picture of the setup to pump RV antifreeze through the water pump to winterize the aquahot?

Sure great to know where to go to get answers, so any other words of wisdom...let me have it.

Thanks,

Byron

The drain is probably the condensate drain for the front or center A/C.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 10:03 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Center a/c drain as noted. I had to reroute mine to the driver side because it made a puddle under the awning area when tailgating. Gotta keep the Princess happy you know.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2014, 04:26 PM   #5

Thanks guys for the info...I had wondered if it was the A/C drain but wasn't sure.

Regarding the Aquahot winterizing, Art Twaddell an authorized Aquahot guy has a youtube video showing an inline connection prior to the water pump that looks slick for winterizing so wanted to see what the rest of you do. I'll also do some more reading from the aquahot manual.

Byron
Old 07-20-2014, 05:02 PM   #6

I also have the "step out" light on all the time on the panel regardless whether the step is in or out, and the step works as designed. Anyone else ever had this problem?
Thanks, Byron
Old 07-20-2014, 08:22 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Check the micro-switch on the step. It might just need adjustment/replacement or the connectors corroded.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:39 PM   #8

That sounds like a good place to start....I guess the trick will be finding the micro switch.
Old 07-21-2014, 05:28 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpotter View Post
I also have the "step out" light on all the time on the panel regardless whether the step is in or out, and the step works as designed. Anyone else ever had this problem?
Thanks, Byron
On mine there is a magnetic switch that must be "made". Sometimes the magnet side of the switch comes unglued and falls off, so the sensor doesn't sense the steps up.
Coma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 09:37 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
On my 2004 Signature I just remove the water screen at the inlet to the pump, just pull tab out and fitting comes out of the pump. Make sure all water pressure is down to zero, I know that for sure!!! I bought a fitting at Camping World to go into the pump and a right angle fitting with hose adapter to hook to the new fitting and then put 3' of clear plastic tubing 1/2" OD and 3/8" ID and put it in a clean 5 gal. bucket with RV antifreeze in it. Turn on pump and go to each faucet and run till it turns red. Make sure if you have a clothes washer to do that also. What runs out the faucet also puts antifreeze in the drains.

Click image for larger version

Name:	pump1.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	68649

Name:	pump2.JPG
Views:	87
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	68650

Name:	pump3.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	68651

Dave
Old 07-21-2014, 09:41 AM   #11

Do you know where the switch is located in relation to the steps?
Old 07-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #12

Thanks for the pictures connecting to the water pump. That seems to be the slickest thing to do.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I looked under my coach. The step switch is located on the fixed part inside front of the step. Visible with the step out. Although the schematics say it is a micro-switch it is actually a magnetic reed switch with a magnet on the sliding part. Kwickee probably will have a replacement if needed although it does not look like anything unique.
Old 07-22-2014, 10:34 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by DtBt View Post
I looked under my coach. The step switch is located on the fixed part inside front of the step. Visible with the step out. Although the schematics say it is a micro-switch it is actually a magnetic reed switch with a magnet on the sliding part. Kwickee probably will have a replacement if needed although it does not look like anything unique.
Thanks, I am all about things not being unique, thanks for looking under your coach.