Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-31-2014, 02:40 PM   #1

2006 HR Ambassador TV

Hi all -

Just joined after defecting from the Discovery Owners mingle.

I just bought a 2006 HR Ambassador 40 PDQ - I am trying to get the front overhead tv opening frame off so I can replace the tv.

I searched the forum but I do not see any posts so here goes.

There are four screws in the four corners and I have removed them.

The top of the frame is tight but it does slide backward / rotate away from the tv.

But the bottom does not release and I am trying not to pry the bottom to the point where it breaks the frame.

I have looked everywhere but I do not see any other fasteners that need to be removed around the bottom.

Are there locator pins or other things that could be holding the bottom?

Really don't want to break this piece of furniture.

Any tips appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim
dangme55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-31-2014, 03:14 PM   #2

Jim, if it is like my 06 Diplomat, you will need to look into the back of the cabinet and under the tv and you will see the screw heads going through the cabinet in to the outside frame. You will need a long #2 Square head bit to remove them.

George
Old 03-31-2014, 07:20 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Concur with George. My Dip had similar screws at the bottom....that had to be removed (access from the rear).
or: '08 Buick Lucerne
Robi.1014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2014, 07:54 PM   #4

TV Frame

I have replaced the TV in my 2005 Knight. This is the Monaco version of your HR. The frame was screwed into the mild steel TV support using self tapping screws. These were the only fasteners for the frame.

The way the TV is mounted there is no way additional screws can be mounted into the frame.

A word of wisdom. Don't remove the screws holding the TV out without someone there to hold the TV. It WILL fall out on you!!!!

Good Luck
Old 04-01-2014, 03:11 PM   #5

Jim, the screws I am referring to are in to the "Wood Frame" that surrounds the outside of the TV Box. If you remove the air vent panel from the back side and then look at the bottom of the TV box you will see the screws that go into the wood face frame, they are at an angle trough the bottom of the box into the frame. The metal frame referred to in another post is what the TV is mounted two and that frame is indeed screwed into the box, not the frame. FYI I used the same metal frame that held the 26" flat screen to mount my Sony 32 on. Yes I had to drill 4 new holes and cut out a couple of openings, but it was an easy change over.

George
Old 04-01-2014, 05:21 PM   #6

Thanks All!

Thanks everyone!

I think I have the info I need -

Right now the coach is back at CW. I parked it in my driveway and had a big oil spot after two days. I took delivery on Friday so I hope CW is going to stand behind this and not give me the as-is where-is drill.

My driveway is on about a 10-15 incline so I am not sure what the situation is. I do not see any spots when the coach is level.

I am going to search the forum for any info on this and if need be put in another post to see what responses I get.

Thanks again to all. I will put your 'smarts' to work as soon as I get the coach back. Probably need a chiropractor afterward working from behind that thing is pretty darn tough. Have to be a contortionist I think. LOL

Jim
Old 04-02-2014, 03:12 PM   #7

Jim, is the oil spot under the engine or someplace else. I am thinking that maybe on that incline it could be from your jacks tank or maybe from the power steering fill tube. I am just curious that's all.

George
Old 04-02-2014, 03:22 PM   #8

Jim just saw the other post on the leak.

George
Old 04-02-2014, 05:47 PM   #9

George -

Thanks for the interest. Welcome home! Hoorah

I measured the spot from the tandem wheels as they left an impression on the lawn. The spot started 55 inches in and about 6 -6 1/2 feet back which would put it on the centerline.

It did not really look like motor oil although it could have been no telling when last changed. It was not red so not tranny fluid unless the tes-295 is not red like dextron.

It smelled like hypoid oil which I consider to be a pretty distinctive smell - I don't know what additive they use in that stuff but it is hard to miss. Jack oil is dextron too I believe at least it was on the Discovery. Didn't think about other fluids not sure on this ISC where everthing is located.

I looked at the parking spot when I took it back to CampingWorld yesterday. I didn't see anything on the ground. So apparently only leaks on incline my dirveway is probably 10-15 degrees at where it was parked.

Had it smelled like motor oil I would suspect a front seal or the pan gasket with the oil pooling at the front of the engine.

Anyway I should know tomorrow what they found and if they are going to make it right. I plunked down pretty close to 100 large and didn't get any farther than home before there was a problem.

I may need some help from my Marine buddies for persuasion. LOL

Let you know what they find.

Thanks again!
Old 04-03-2014, 07:21 AM   #10

I got a call back from CampingWorld this morning. The explanation the tech gave was that the oil was old and had begun to separate and expand. The excess ran out of the overflow tube.

That was a plausible explanation and would explain why it looked like the spot was pretty dry after I pulled out. Must have overflowed on Friday and then stopped.

CampingWorld gave me a complimentary oil change and filter so they done good.'

I am really satisfied - this coach is really pristine - very well kept. I have friends in the subdivision that own RV's they all came by and thought it was new since it had a 'temp tag' on it.

Anything else should be covered by the ESP I have. So it's all good.