Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-16-2017, 04:20 PM   #1

2006 Imperial - Where is HWH Control Box?

I need to adjust the level sensor but the HWH Control Box, where the sensor is usually located, is not in the Fwd Run Bay like it was on my previous Monaco. Before I start the hunt, maybe someone can save me some time by pointing me to the right location/cargo bay ceiling/????
StuartT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Stuart, I have no idea on your coach, but on ours it is in the rear equipment bay where the water pump, inverter, water manifold, etc. is located.
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 04:44 PM   #3

Mine is in the first bay ceiling.
Mhcorrigan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:31 PM   #4

Thanks Joe. I know mine is not there.

First bay would be my 'first' guess.
Old 10-16-2017, 05:36 PM   #5

Nor'easters Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Mine, IIRC, is in the basement, rear curb side bay (so about mid-ship) on the ceiling. It is a small box, with an arrow that says "Forward".
nehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 05:38 PM   #6

What series HWH ?

When helping a friend with a 625 series , we had to track down the main box by following the wiring harness from the pump/solenoids.
Old 10-16-2017, 07:58 PM   #7

Mine is also on the DS bay ceiling but concealed by a removable carpeted cover
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 06:07 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Mine is in the front. It is on the passenger side “firewall”. Can see it once the generator slide is open.
Chargerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:08 AM   #9

Nehog and Falconman are probably right. It will be mounted to the bottom of a rigid, horizontal, flat surface, like the bottom of the coach floor (i.e. the ceiling of a storage bay). Ours is in the first basement bay from the front, excluding the fuel bay. It is between the frame rails, and like Falconman's, there is a carpeted cover, about 10" x 16" with a twist knob to gain access.

HWH has TWO control boxes on many of these coaches. The one in the generator compartment is USUALLY for the slide-out system. The one in the basement "attic" IS for the leveling system.

Please go to the HWH website and download the service manual for your system. I learned the hard way that tweaking the level settings will take you some time. It's a "try it and see how it works out" process. If your coach is like ours, every half hour or so, it checks and re-levels. What you get on the first attempt may not be where it ultimately is happy.

There is a small card in that box, and a concentric pair of adjustment "nuts". One tips the little board up and down in the fore and aft axis, and the other rotates it left and right, on the lateral axis. Tiny, tiny, tiny adjustments make a big difference. GOOD LUCK!!!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 07:37 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Good to know. Learned something new today. Thanks.
Chargerman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 09:16 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Nehog and Falconman are probably right. It will be mounted to the bottom of a rigid, horizontal, flat surface, like the bottom of the coach floor (i.e. the ceiling of a storage bay). Ours is in the first basement bay from the front, excluding the fuel bay. It is between the frame rails, and like Falconman's, there is a carpeted cover, about 10" x 16" with a twist knob to gain access.

HWH has TWO control boxes on many of these coaches. The one in the generator compartment is USUALLY for the slide-out system. The one in the basement "attic" IS for the leveling system.

Please go to the HWH website and download the service manual for your system. I learned the hard way that tweaking the level settings will take you some time. It's a "try it and see how it works out" process. If your coach is like ours, every half hour or so, it checks and re-levels. What you get on the first attempt may not be where it ultimately is happy.

There is a small card in that box, and a concentric pair of adjustment "nuts". One tips the little board up and down in the fore and aft axis, and the other rotates it left and right, on the lateral axis. Tiny, tiny, tiny adjustments make a big difference. GOOD LUCK!!!
You, along with Nehog, Falconman and Mhcorrigan, nailed this one. I received a PM from a member with the exact coach I have and he tells me that his in in the front cargo bay ceiling behind a carpeted removable cover, just as you describe.

I did print out the appropriate service manual page from HWH. I need to also replace my system pump so it maintains level. It is dead, dead, dead.
Will probably go with a ViAir 380C constant duty pump.

Tags
hwh