Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2017, 11:37 AM   #1

2006 Monaco Camelot 42DSQ Maintenance Sheet

I certainly could use the assistance of those out there that have been at this for much longer than myself. I have a 2006 Monaco Camelot 42DSQ, the maintenance required can be quite scary when initially looking at the manual and trying to pull out all the different aspects. I am sure that there is someone that has already put together a sheet for the same model which lists the filters required, oil required, etc. No reason for me to try and redo what someone has already completed and revised!

Lastly, where is the best or reasonable sites to order the filters.

Appreciate all those for helping. If you like my email address is below to send sheet!

SACIL@ME.COM

thanks,

Stan
SACIL9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-22-2017, 11:58 AM   #2

Do you have any previous maintenance records showing up to date to where you are now with the coach? Mileage, hours, etc. What engine and trans do you have? What genset do you have? In my owners manual shows what all my filter numbers are and oil needed in each. I know I have not offered any help yet, but those who have the same powertrains and genset's can tell you what they are using.
1doodadd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:10 PM   #3

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Man, I wish. You can get close.

I found someone with the same engine (2006 ISL 400) and they told me the belt to use. The problem I ran into is that my A/C compressor is mounted ever so slightly different (the tensioning bolt is located different). That means I needed a bigger belt. Oh, and the number in the manual was wrong, thus my asking for help here. Third time was the charm for the belt.

As for maintenance timing and parts... everything is an opinion. E.G. Cummins has their opinion and I have to follow it, otherwise my aftermarket GS Extended Service Plan won't cover it.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:11 PM   #4

Yes, here is the info off the Vehicle sheet! Hopefully this answers that question and yes I should have previously included!

Roadmaster RR10S - series chassis
Cummins ISL 400hp turbo diesel engine
Exhaust Brake
8kw diesel generator on manual slide tray
Hydro Hot - HHE 200
Allison 3000-MH 6 speed trans
Trans - Allison E012444
Tag Axle
SACIL9151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2017, 05:20 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
If you go to https://quickserve.cummins.com you can setup an account and get specific info (filters, belts, etc.) for your engine. You will need to know your engine serial number
Towing 2014 Ford Explorer
veraken is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 06:49 PM   #6

8KW generator

How many heat pumps you got on the roof?
Old 06-24-2017, 07:36 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Speedco shops (like a Jiffy Lube for trucks) will do oil changes, fuel filters, generator service, chassis lube for a lot less than Cummins or RV shops. They have the filters in stock. Amazon is a source for many maintenance items. BTY, carry a set of spare fuel filters at all times - just in case.
Old 06-25-2017, 01:29 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
If you have a KW, Peterbilt, Freightliner or Volvo dealership around you, you can get Cummins parts with the engine serial number. On my roadmaster chassis the front wheel seals are the same as in the big semi's 37001A made by national. Most of the parts are easy to find. Also Napa, CARQUEST and O'rileys can get filters, belts and hoses.
Poormarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2017, 08:08 AM   #9

Not to start a filter war but... do your homework. For example:

Cummins will always recommend their latest filter design product (which they will sell for a premium). In my case, I went to a local truck shop for fuel/oil filters as the Cummins shop is 2-hrs away. The local shop did not carry Cummins' Fleetguard products (needed LF9009 oil filter). They carried WIX products. I got home and confirmed that the part (WIX51748MP) is a fit and function match but not a performance match to the newest fleetguard product recommended by Cummins. [Rumor has it that Cummins is replacing the LF9009 with another latest/greatest filter recommendation].

So the safest practice is to know the manufacturer's specs. IF it meets (Cummins, Cat, DD, etc.) specs, you are okay and then you can shop around for the best price.
Playtime III is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 01:35 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Kiemele View Post
Speedco shops (like a Jiffy Lube for trucks) will do oil changes, fuel filters, generator service, chassis lube for a lot less than Cummins or RV shops. They have the filters in stock. Amazon is a source for many maintenance items. BTY, carry a set of spare fuel filters at all times - just in case.
+1 for Speedco. They will use Fleetguard filters on request. There was no additional charge. Our engine and generator service cost $330 using Delo 400 oil and Fleetguard filters. There is one in Gary IN.

Just a headsup with any chassis service: if your coach has Meritor front disk brakes, be sure to confirm that they have the right grease for them or tell them not to touch them. Chassis grease in those calipers gets expensive.

Note that if you didn't get complete service records you should consider changing the transmission fluid and filter, the coolant and the air filter. We discovered that these items had never been changed on ours because of low mileage. The PO ignored the "... or X years" limits. Speedco won't do those items but many truck service shops will be happy to.

Sounds like you might not have a manual. Ours has a pretty comprehensive maintenence section that lists all the consumables and service intervals. You can download one at http://www.monacocoach.com/rv-owners-manuals

Cheers,

Tags
maintenance, monaco