RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #1

I am posting this for an RV'ing friend.He has recently purchased a Diplomat (06) with very few miles on it. The paper work says it is pre-wired for CB. Can anyone tell me where this pre-wire can be found on the coach? Do you know if it is power, antenna or both? Under dash?? Thanks for any help, I'll pass on to him the info.

Robert M

Robert M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-26-2007, 12:28 PM   #2

I am posting this for an RV'ing friend.He has recently purchased a Diplomat (06) with very few miles on it. The paper work says it is pre-wired for CB. Can anyone tell me where this pre-wire can be found on the coach? Do you know if it is power, antenna or both? Under dash?? Thanks for any help, I'll pass on to him the info.

Robert M

Old 08-26-2007, 01:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
As qouted from our 2007 Diplomat Manual...
CB RADIO-PREP
A two pin connector labeled Citizens Band Radio is located behind the dash panel, along with a CB antenna coax, which is routed to the roof mounted base. The red wire is +12 Volt DC (positive) and has a two amp fuse in the front distribution panel. The white wire is connected to the fram (ground).

Hope that helps!
Robert you should also invite your friend to join in on the board... we will "play nice" here at Monaco!

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 02:33 PM   #4

I will give him your information but I wonder if what you posted is the same thing he has in his info. Anyway, I have given him this web site and I always encourage him to join and/or contribute!!!! Thanks for the info again.

Robert M
Old 08-26-2007, 03:09 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
I am out in the coach now and looking in the 2006 Diplomat owners manual... look on pg 169. it is the same as what is in the 2007 book....the book is a 334 pg blue paperbound book 9abt 8-5 by 12" book...

Old 08-27-2007, 06:52 AM   #6

Robert

Have your friend take off the top panel off the dash. Its four screws and it lifts off. The ant will be laying on top and the electrical wires will be marked probably on the right hand side of the wheel under the dash.

I mounted mine on the left side bottom of the dash. Out of the way and it works fine for looking at the chnls. s/Toby
Old 08-27-2007, 11:42 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Toby speaks the truth. Here is what he will find:

Through the top opening - antenna connection:

Through the top as well - electrical connections:

--kev

2006 Monaco Knight 40PLQ | 2011 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
digNbubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 02:22 PM   #8

If it is prewired, it will have a CB antenna on outside, and under the dash above the accelarator, you will find a connector box for hand held mike and cable

Diplomat 2007
George and Marilyn
MsMutsey
geomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 05:13 PM   #9
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Geomar...
Welcome to IRV2...I am sure you will have much more to add to this forum...so I would also ask Ronboc to make you a member of the Monaco Owners Forum too....we don't charge for it either!
(Although if you want to donate to the "MonacoMama -Here's Money -Make me Laugh" fund...it will be accepted! )
...yes I am the crazy one here... just ignore me.... ...if you can!

Old 08-27-2007, 07:17 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hi geomar -

Welcome to irv2 We're really glad to have you here as a new member and are looking forward to reading your posts about your RVing experiences and adventures. You'll find a great bunch of folks on this site who are very knowledgeable of RVing, the rigs we use, and the places we go in them. Enjoy the forums and post often, and when you want to be a official member of the Monaco forum just let me know.

Thanks!
Ron

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:36 AM   #11

Well my friend found his CB Antenna cable inside the driver front left hand windshield post. As of a few minutes ago he had not found the 12V power. Thanks all for your help!! He is still looking.

Robert M
Old 09-02-2007, 09:16 PM   #12
tjy

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by digNbubbs:
Toby speaks the truth. Here is what he will find:

Through the top opening - antenna connection:

What brand of cb (cobra??) model# plugs into the white plug? I have 1/2 dozen cb's sitting
in my garage in IA. and the coach is in ft. Myers fla.
thanks
tom

Through the top as well - electrical connections:

--kev </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

tjy is offline   Reply With Quote