Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #1

2006 Monaco Signature 45 Wiring

Hello to all... I am the new proud owner of a used Monaco and am in the learning mode. I plan to read all of the posts as I have time to help with this effort (whew.. lots to learn).

My most immediate need is a wiring diagram for my rig. Does anyone know where this may be available on-line or otherwise? I have checked the Monaco website already, and done some "googling" but no luck.

Paul and Sheila
ptrombetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #2

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum. Lots of great folks on here willing to help. These great folks have saved me $ and helped me learn more about my coach. Good luck and safe happy travels.
Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #3

Contact Monaco parts department. They have the wiring diagrams "for sale" for some years and models. The diagrams are a big help but they are not exact because the assembly people didn't always do things the same way. I have had good luck talking to the Tech Support people at Monaco. They can often point you in the general direction of your problem.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:54 AM   #4

Send me a message with your email, and I may be able to forward some to you. I have a scanned set for our '06 Dynasty, and most all of them cover the Dynasty/Executive/Signature lineup. The file is 19.6 MB, though, so it may not be able to be sent via email. But we can try.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #5

Take him up on that because last time I checked it was $150 for the wiring book. One came with my Signature. Look in the slide drawers under your couches. If you have and problems or questions on the Signature then feel free to email me direct at mike.c@mindspring.com
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:23 PM   #6

Wiring Diagram

If all else fails, I have a 2006 Monaco Signature Castle II with a 600 ISX Cummins, 4 slides and I have the electrical manual for my coach. It is 8X14 and 1 inch thick. Don't know if I could get it copied but would check around to see if that could be done, might take some time. I was lucky enough to get all manuals (50 pounds) from original owner. You can also E Mail me direct. jim@jnrtruck.com.
Kerman
Old 12-01-2013, 06:39 AM   #7

Thank you all for the replies. I will be in touch via email. What an amazing forum this is. I hope to meet many of you I the years to come.

Paul Trombetta
Old 12-01-2013, 07:03 AM   #8

Hello Mike,

My coach has some furniture modified. Curbside there is a black leather couch with an air mattress bed. Drivers side is a compact recliner called an Ekorness Stressless Scandinavian in origin. If there ever was a couch with storage underneath, it's long gone. I do have all of the other manuals, which is fortunate.

My most immediate "wiring info" need, is to see if I have a second invertor hiding somewhere. I have the all electric refrigerator model and the manual says that in addition to extra batteries there is a second Invertor.. but I can't find it. I want to understand how the invertors feed the two circuit breaker panels.

I also want to gain a better understanding of the interaction and priorities of battery charging (solar, generator, shore, engine alternator). My engine batteries are not charging well from shore power but seem to charge up well when driving.

Finally I need to know the wiring pinout of the trailer hitch connector.

I'm going to prowl around this forum soon to see if I can find some of this info. The coach is at Alliance in Wildwood right now so I am hopeful they also can answer some questions for me.

Thank you,
Paul
Old 12-01-2013, 07:06 AM   #9

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by K7JV View Post
Send me a message with your email, and I may be able to forward some to you. I have a scanned set for our '06 Dynasty, and most all of them cover the Dynasty/Executive/Signature lineup. The file is 19.6 MB, though, so it may not be able to be sent via email. But we can try.
To send files up to 2GB use a service called We Transfer. The website is http://www.wetransfer.com . Simple to use, just upload your file, put in the recipient's email, your email and you are done. You don't even need to create an account.
Old 12-01-2013, 06:30 PM   #10

Paul, I think you should have an email telling you they are available to you. And Mike, I included you as a recipient, if you so choose to download what I had.

Good luck!'

And many thanks to Brad & Bonnie for the Wetransfer website. It was a neat way to do it, I think.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 09:13 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptrombetta View Post
Hello Mike,

My coach has some furniture modified. Curbside there is a black leather couch with an air mattress bed. Drivers side is a compact recliner called an Ekorness Stressless Scandinavian in origin. If there ever was a couch with storage underneath, it's long gone. I do have all of the other manuals, which is fortunate.

My most immediate "wiring info" need, is to see if I have a second invertor hiding somewhere. I have the all electric refrigerator model and the manual says that in addition to extra batteries there is a second Invertor.. but I can't find it. I want to understand how the invertors feed the two circuit breaker panels.

I also want to gain a better understanding of the interaction and priorities of battery charging (solar, generator, shore, engine alternator). My engine batteries are not charging well from shore power but seem to charge up well when driving.

Finally I need to know the wiring pinout of the trailer hitch connector.

I'm going to prowl around this forum soon to see if I can find some of this info. The coach is at Alliance in Wildwood right now so I am hopeful they also can answer some questions for me.

Thank you,r
Paul

Which model charger/inverter do you have?

My 2006 Diplomat has the Magnum ME-2012 2000 watt version.
Its voltage output for charging is adjustable.

Magnum has all there manuals online for free.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:38 AM   #12

Hello Bukzin.. my manuals are in the coach and not with me right now so I will have to check later. I know it's a magnum and I did download the manuals. I just can't recall what model. My motorhome owners manual talks about a second invertor somewhere. That remains a mystery. I will study the wiring diagrams of the coach to see if I can find it.

Jim.. I did download the files you sent. Thank you.

Paul
Old 12-03-2013, 08:35 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Our 06 Dynasty has 1 inverter, it is a Magnum 2800 watt pure sine wave and seems to handle everything quite well. Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert
Old 12-04-2013, 07:50 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobert View Post
Our 06 Dynasty has 1 inverter, it is a Magnum 2800 watt pure sine wave and seems to handle everything quite well. Hope this may help. Happy Trails Bert
I have discovered that mine also has the model 2800 and does not have a second invertor like the manual states. I have been advised to service the Big Boy relay to improve engine battery charging. I also have seen the posts about installing the xantrex Echo Charge to trickle charge the engine batteries. I wonder why that would be needed if the system were properly designed and operating properly though. Could it be that if the house batteries were being drained through usage or otherwise, the engine batteries never get properly charged by the Magnum due to the priority to charge the house batteries first?

Tags
monaco, wiring