Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-25-2019, 10:54 AM   #1

2006 Sceptor Electrical Issue

My 2006 Sceptor has developed an issue with house power, no ac/heat, awning, no power to tank monitor , or Intellitec smart ems, roof vents. All on the GFI circuit ,Fridge , TV, some outlets are working. All worked 2 hrs ago. Any ideas ?
steve119300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-25-2019, 11:14 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Someone accidentally hit the battery disconect switch by the door?
Old 05-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #3

Steve;
I'll be following this closely. Almost the same thing happened to me yesterday on my 2006 Scepter. The difference is that only the outlets protected by the GFI, and the GFI itself are effected. No power to the GFI. if I jump power to the GFI , the outlets work, but I get a fault on the Inverter monitor of a Backfeed Error. Have you tried using the Inverter? I did and all worked using the inverter but not shore power or Generator. I hope you can figure it out and Let me know.

Gary
Gquilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 11:58 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gquilla View Post
Steve;
I'll be following this closely. Almost the same thing happened to me yesterday on my 2006 Scepter. The difference is that only the outlets protected by the GFI, and the GFI itself are effected. No power to the GFI. if I jump power to the GFI , the outlets work, but I get a fault on the Inverter monitor of a Backfeed Error. Have you tried using the Inverter? I did and all worked using the inverter but not shore power or Generator. I hope you can figure it out and Let me know.

Gary
You may have a breaker tripped on the inverter itself. They hide them down there.
twinboat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:20 PM   #5

2006 Sceptor Electrical Issue

An update: I have all but power to the main awning restored. I think Wide Glide had the answer with the Battery Cutoff switch up front being switched off, the only other thing I did was to turn off and on all the main breakers about five times. I flipped the switch on and was praying to the RV god while doing it!!

Thank you for your help!
steve119300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2019, 07:56 PM   #6

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yep, the battery disconnect switch get's most of us sooner or later!

Tags
electric, electrical