RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-20-2019, 06:34 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2006 Signature Ceiling Mounted TV

Front mounted TV in ceiling will not go up. Push “up “button and it buzzes but no action. Not sure where the lift motor is, assuming I have to remove TV to see it ? Any ideas that I may try before removing it? Thanks

asheville is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-20-2019, 08:53 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
On our 2005 Signature, the motor is on the drivers side behind some removable metal panels.

Paul

pwhittle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 04:59 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Paul, do you have to remove the flatscreen tv to access the motor?
Old 04-21-2019, 05:44 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Here are some files for the TV lift in my 04 Signature.. The motor and adjustments are on the drivers side behind a removable panel as said in previous post....

TV lift adjustment.pdf

TV Lift Mechanism.pdf

Safe travels
Dave
djhinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2019, 06:42 AM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On my 2007 Navigator, I have a lift manufactured by LiftIt. Here is a link to their website. Not much info there.
http://www.liftmytv.com/
I think that my lift is their 210 model
http://www.liftmytv.com/FLP-210_flip-down_tv_lift.html
I wish that I had their Parts and installation manual. Does anyone have it??
Old 04-21-2019, 07:52 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by asheville View Post
Front mounted TV in ceiling will not go up. Push “up “button and it buzzes but no action. Not sure where the lift motor is, assuming I have to remove TV to see it ? Any ideas that I may try before removing it? Thanks
It will be interesting to see if you have the early model or late model assembly. My 2007 has the Lift It motor assembly like diverstra has. It has a push-pull hoop to engage/disengage the gearbox and will rotate manually to raise/lower the TV. That part, looking towards the windshield is in the forward left corner.

I have the Lift It manual as well as a spare motor assembly, controller and some spare gears. iRV2 Forums - Files - Lift It Flip Down TV Manual

Here are some of my notes:

Lift It TV
2007 Monaco Signature Noble III

Motor is 120 VAC
Manual Movement – Facing Forward it is on the Left side of TV
Push IN to Engage Gears – Pull OUT to Disengage Gears
Turn CW to Lower TV
Turn CCW to Raise TV

Lift It 120 Volt Controller
Infrared JP6 Not Used
Interlock JP4 Source and Return are Jumpered Together
Wired Remote JP5 Ref. Not Used although Monaco Had a Ground wire attached
JP5 “Open” – Yellow wire is 12VDC when Open switch is Pressed
JP5 “Close” – White wire is 12VDC when Close switch is pressed
Motor Connector JP3 Located inside controller. Wire plugged into JP3 goes to the Motor.
JP3 Earth is Ground
JP3 Up applies 120 VAC to Motor when Up switch is pressed activating JP5 “Close”
JP3 Down applies 120 VAC to Motor When Down switch is pressed activating JP5 “Open”
JP3 Power is Neutral wire to Motor

Pressing “UP” switch sends 12 VDC from Multiplex Module (rear closet) to the Lift It Controller (above Windshield) JP5 “Close” white wire and activates a relay which applies 120 VAC to JP3 Up pin

Pressing “Down” switch sends 12 VDC from Multiplex Module (Rear Closet) to the Lift It Controller (Above Windshield) JP5 “Open” Yellow wire and activates a relay which applies 120 VAC to JP3 “Down” pin

Troubleshooting
TV will not raise – I have unplugged motor wire at controller JP3 and unplugged 120 VAC source, the relay clicks and everything starts working like normal (same symptom & cure several times)
Grinding noise and intermittant operation - Broken steel gear or manual engagement partially engaged, pull Out to disengage
Old 04-21-2019, 09:30 AM   #7

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hypoxia View Post
I have the Lift It manual as well as a spare motor assembly, controller and some spare gears. iRV2 Forums - Files - Lift It Flip Down TV Manual
Hypoxia
Thanks for the install manual and your notes. Do you have a parts list/drawing for the tube assembly/motor?
My recent issue with this lift is that on the way down it will intermittantly stop. Is there adjustment on the clutch mechanism of the motor?
Old 04-21-2019, 11:49 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dverstra View Post
Hypoxia
Thanks for the install manual and your notes. Do you have a parts list/drawing for the tube assembly/motor?
My recent issue with this lift is that on the way down it will intermittantly stop. Is there adjustment on the clutch mechanism of the motor?
Parts are not available to my knowledge, just the entire motor/gearbox. There is no clutch. I think it is normal for them to have a hesitation.

I had to replace the motor assembly several years ago due to a broken steel gear. LiftIt support sais they see that when someone tries to steal the TV and hangs from it trying to break the mechanism. I saved the other gears just in case. I also replaced the controller at some point.
Old 04-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by asheville View Post
Paul, do you have to remove the flatscreen tv to access the motor?

Not on mine, which looks like the one that djhinds posted the manuals for.

Paul
Old 04-22-2019, 07:26 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Paul, when my coach was new to me 7 years ago my TV got stuck in the down position also. I took it back to the selling dealer where I had bought an insurance policy to repair such things. Insurance company ordered a new motor assembly for it (over $500) but while waiting, a tech took a look and found the slide stop switch had moved a little and would not let the TV go up as it was out of adjustment and the switch thought it was not all the way down first. A trick he used was to double push the switch and the TV will reverse travel to go back up. The slide switch is easily adjusted behind the side panel on the drivers side. The manuals show how to do it but try the double tap on the switch. If all else fails the dealer gave me the complete motor assembly to take home as the insurance company already paid for it.. Let me know.....

Good luck
Dave
djhinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2019, 08:03 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Dave,

Asheville has the problem. Mine is working great. I inspected it when I updated the TV to a 49” 4K TV from the 32” model.

Paul
Old 04-23-2019, 06:46 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Well, it just started working again???thanks for the help
Old 04-23-2019, 04:18 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Just an FYI. It's possible to fit a new 49-50" 4k TV in the current lift. The new TV is lighter than the original and the lift will work much better.

50" TV install in overhead lift- Signature, Executive, Dynasty, and Navigator

vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ceiling