Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-23-2014, 11:44 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2007 Camelot- I cant find Gravity Fill or Drain

We recently purchased a 2007 Monaco Camelot and I would like to drain the fresh water tank and sanitize it. I can not find the gravity drain or gravity fill. There are two lines (blue & red) that have shut off valves and look like drain lines but I have to run the water pump to get water to flow out them. I suppose this will work fine but seems odd to have to pump the tanks empty.

Likewise, I can not find any gravity water fill access point, I know I can put the bleach into the filter housing and pump into the tank but I it would be much easier to use the gravity fill if I have one.

Along the same line of thought, I cant find the winterizing tube to suck the pink stuff into my water system to winterize it, as I will probably have to address in a few months. Do I need to install this line or is there one somewhere already installed in the Camelot?

I have tried to use the search function here at IRV2, but haven't found answers specific to my model and while I am suspecting I do not have any of these access points, I am hoping to get some insight form Camelot owners in the same time area as mine (2007)

Thanks for any insight or suggestions any of you might be able to share.

Bob & Pearl
2007 Monaco Camelot 42' PDQ
JRPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-23-2014, 12:39 PM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Bob, the fill inlet on my Windsor is in the wet bay above the sewer outlet and fresh water inlet. The drain for the freshwater tank is right below the wet bay with a valve on the floor of the wet bay. You should see a piece of hose hanging down somewhere under the MH. Actually you should see two hoses hanging down, one for the freshwater tank overflow and the other for the freshwater tank drain.

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #3

Fresh tank drain - If your coach is similar to the '06 Dynasty, the fresh tank drain is on the curb side, at the end of the fresh tank. It may be behind a panel, as ours is. Ours is a large, red, ball valve on a 1 ½" or maybe even a 2" PVC exit and drain.

Gravity fill - Ours is a black cap, near the top of the panel in the utility bay. It is virtually impossible to pour ANYTHING into that opening. It is actually above the top of the opening to that bay area. They should call it the "Anti-gravity Fill", as you can't use gravity to put anything into it without a hose. On our rig, I actually cut out a section of the PVC that runs from the gravity fill to the tank, installed a "T", an elbow and a cap. That way I can easily add bleach to the tank. It wan't to bad of a job, and it works really well.

Antifreeze tube - In the utility bay, behind the panel, you can follow the line from the suction on the fresh tank, through the filter screen and on to the pump intake. Look for any valves or "Tees" with a hose attached. If you don't find one, you may have to get creative. Ours has two ball valves in that line, on the pump side of the filter screen. One shuts off the suction from the tank, and the other is in the 30" piece of hose that lives against the wall of the utility bay, behind the panel. That way the pump can suction from either the anti-freeze suction hose or the fresh water tank.

All of our rigs are so different, and they do such different things with their designs from one model to another that without having an '07 Camelot, my information may be useless. But maybe it'll get you some of what you are looking for.
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:06 PM   #4

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
For your gravity fill, look for a large cap near the top of the fresh water tank. Mine is on the drivers side of coach.
Old 07-23-2014, 01:32 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
One for Three
I did find the siphon tube behind the access panel in the utility bay but so far totally unsuccessful in finding anything that looks anywhere close to a gravity water fill location. I cant actually see the fresh water tank, it is located under the bed and I think I can get to it by raising the bed up and removing some plywood just to see if there is any plumbing visible coming in or out of the top of the tank.

The only tubs dropping down below the coach are the red and blue hoses with on/off valves and they have to have the water pump on to get water to come out of them. I am tempted to overfill the fresh water tank to see if there is an overflow somewhere as it seems there would be, but I sure can't see it. It appears to be a sealed fresh water tank, it that even possible?

Bob & Pearl
Old 07-23-2014, 01:48 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	water pump.JPG
Views:	85
Size:	376.1 KB
ID:	68867

I am pretty sure this must be the tube to suck up the pink stuff for winterization.

Here is a picture of the wet bay, there doesn't appear to be any gravity water fill here, and I have looked on both sides of the coach for a door which might conceal a fill tube, and also checked the utility bay next door for a fill tube all to no avail.

Is it possible there is no gravity fill or Drain? Seems silly but I am at a loss.

Name:	photo.JPG
Views:	121
Size:	391.1 KB
ID:	68868

Bob & Pearl
Old 07-23-2014, 01:57 PM   #7

What is the clear hose (that is looped up and then down) for.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:08 PM   #8

Ah, sorry, cant help ya.
The 08's, you open the first basment door behind the drivers side front wheel, and the fresh water tank is staring you in the face.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:26 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Lee View Post
What is the clear hose (that is looped up and then down) for.
That is the hose running back to the pump and it is used to pump the RV antifreeze into the system to winterize. It is the same line in the picture above and has a open/close valve which I turned both ways to see if it could be a vent or possibly overflow tube but appears to simply be there for the winterization.

Thanks for the thoughts and ideas, maybe someone will think of another location to check or potentially someone with the same model will know of one of the secret locations that have been mentioned in other threads.

Bob

Bob & Pearl
Old 07-23-2014, 03:02 PM   #10

You sure your water tank is under the bed .
Seems that would be a drastic weight shift from one model year to the next, moving all that weight from behind the tag axle, to 4 feet behind the front axle.
Old 07-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club

Name:	Camalot Jeep.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	97.8 KB
ID:	68871

You are so right on the water tank not being under the bed. I noticed something enclosed in plywood under the bed and assumed it was the fresh water but after reading your reply I went out and looked at the RV and the water tank should be just in front of the drive tires since the wet bay is right behind that last bay door and the bed is in the back Slide.

Sure glad you made your comment before I started trying to dig around under the bed. Its getting too hot this afternoon so I have to put this project off until tomorrow morning.

Thanks again for all the comments and suggestions

Bob & Pearl
Old 07-23-2014, 03:31 PM   #12

It "could" be behind the wet bay wall, but not neccesarily. My coach looks very similar to yours, and my water tank shares the same bay as the fuel tank.
Old 07-23-2014, 04:03 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club

Name:	water bay.JPG
Views:	106
Size:	321.5 KB
ID:	68884

You nailed it, I never thought of opening the door of the Fuel Bay as I thought the fuel tanks were the only things behind that door and it is so far from the wet bay.

Thanks so much for sticking with me and suggesting the Fuel Bay (for the 2nd time). I had just about given up and decided I had some kind of unique style that was sealed and didn't have gravity fill/drain.

Got to Love this Site and the Folks that make it such a pocket of information.

Bob

Bob & Pearl
Old 07-23-2014, 04:17 PM   #14

Cheers !