Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-03-2009, 02:46 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2007 Endeavor Entry Door Step Switch

Anyone have a source for the subject switch, it is the one in the panel just to the left of the entry steps and controls whether the steps stay out or cycle with the entry door. The cover came off mine, the tabs that grip the center pivot of the actual switch broke. I can use the cover to operate the switch but it will not stay in place. I spoke to a couple of parts suppliers, one is local Buddy Gregg Monaco service center, and no one has the switch or the cover (I really only need a cover).

Second question about this switch. It has two lights on the switch - one that comes on when the chassis lights are switched on and one that I thought used to come on the the steps were set to open an close when the door was opened. The latter light doesn't come on now and I am not sure if I dreamed it once worked or not. Does anyone have a similar model, 2007 Endeavor or Diplomat, and could check if the bottom light on this switch comes on when the step is set to open and close with the door.

Thanks for the help.

Lew

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-03-2009, 03:35 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Lew.....Yes there is a light that comes on. Here is the place to get the switch and switch cover http://www.nwrvsupply.com/Merchant2/...Code=swirocker

Their prices are great. I paid $5.00 a piece at my dealer, just for the piece you broke. Here you get the cover and the switch for $7.00. I ordered several of the switches that I expected to have trouble with in the future, ie; battery disconnect, exhaust brake and a couple of others. I especially bought extras of the ones that had the secondary light in them like the entry switch. Some of the others are generic and use the same switch for several things. Northwest will ship the parts to you UPS in a couple of days for about $10.00.

Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Photos of the Switch Panel

Lew...Our switches are not the same as Diplomat Don's

I took a few photos to verify how the switches look and light. Take a look...

Entry Step Switch only lights when you have it set to go "In & Out" with the door opening or closing.
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 03:05 AM   #4
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
LewF....The photos that MonacoMama displayed are the switch covers they converted to in 2006, but the switch itself is the same. I converted all of my older style switch covers ( the style seen in my first post) to the new covers in MonacoMama's post. The newer style covers were easier to read. Northwest RV Supply should have both styles. If for some reason you can find the switch and not the new style cover, I might still be able to get a cover for you from my local dealer. He still has a large box of covers for sale.
Old 07-04-2009, 08:30 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks Don and MM

Yes I have the "new" style covers. I think the bulb that comes on when the switch is set to allow the steps to open and close with the door is burned out. The top light, the one that comes on when the chassis lights are turned on, still works. So with all this in mind I will contact nwrvsupply and get the complete switch and see if they have the new style cover.

Don, how do you remove the switch cover and not break the tabs that hold it on. I see that they have broken on the cover that is bad but I am reluctant to remove any others now until I clearly understand how the cover attaches. The tabs don't look very "robust" to me.

Thanks again for all your help.

Lew
Old 07-04-2009, 01:08 PM   #6
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
LewF...Use a small jewelers or pocket screwdriver. If you look at your broken one there is a tab on both sides with a hole. They slide down onto the switch and over two small tips that fit into the hole. Here is a photo of how to do it. You have to come in from either the top or bottom of the switch. Slide the screwdriver down between the tabs. It will spread and release. You'll feel one side lift off when you gently pull on the switch. Then do the other side. Once you get the hang of where to place the screwdriver it gets easy.

http://www.irv2.com/photopost/showph...=11802&cat=500
Old 07-05-2009, 10:33 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Don, thanks for the information on how to remove the switch cover. Once I found the right tool, a screwdriver what was thin and long enough, I was able to easily take off several of the switch covers. Looks at an intact one made it clear how it works - my broken one has the latch tabs completely broken off.

In this process I also discovered that my battery cutout switch also has broken tabs on it so I will replace it as well.

Learning about this motorhome is like putting on a fine wood finish - one thin layer at a time. Not sure how many coats I have on now but I can stand a few more.

Lew