Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-04-2017, 01:21 PM   #547

Monaco Owners Club
Also try your leather belt and Channel lock pliers. Works on bathroom faucets in the house too.

Try ZEP shower tub and tile cleaner, found at HD. Each time you finish showering, spray it on and leave it. Let it do the work. After a week, the water and soap buildup should be gone. Working it with a glass safe scrubbie every now and then will help. But the dwell time is key.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2017, 01:25 PM   #548

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post
Also try your leather belt and Channel lock pliers. Works on bathroom faucets in the house too.

Try ZEP shower tub and tile cleaner, found at HD. Each time you finish showering, spray it on and leave it. Let it do the work. After a week, the water and soap buildup should be gone. Working it with a glass safe scrubbie every now and then will help. But the dwell time is key.
Good tips !
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 05:51 PM   #549

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happycarz View Post

Great tip Harry!
Old 03-07-2017, 06:18 PM   #550

Monaco Owners Club
So I had a mobile repair shop come out and tighten up that other side of my roof to wall seam. He said it wasn't very bad they only went about 10 feet. So I feel good about that.
All about decorative trim needs to be repainted. That's a bummer
Thanks to Parry 10 Boomer for his tip on installing a third bracket. I installed an extra bracket in the middle of the road side living room slide. It must have really been sagging because now the fabric is really stretched out on the ends and not in the middle. Much tighter. The repair shop had one extra bracket for $10. At least I scored on that! Jeep is in the shop now!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:52 PM   #551

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
So I had a mobile repair shop come out and tighten up that other side of my roof to wall seam. He said it wasn't very bad they only went about 10 feet. So I feel good about that.
Thanks to Parry 10 Boomer for his tip on installing a third bracket. I installed an extra bracket in the middle of the road side living room slide. It must have really been sagging because now the fabric is really stretched out on the ends and not in the middle. Much tighter. The repair shop had one extra bracket for $10. At least I scored on that! Jeep is in the shop now!

John glad to hear it's done except the paint issue. Great score on the bracket!
Old 03-07-2017, 09:54 PM   #552

Quote:

John in your opinion, how much was your topper sagging before the new bracket. I find topper is smoother also and the slide has a little less effort going out, might be my imagination.
Old 03-07-2017, 10:12 PM   #553

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
John in your opinion, how much was your topper sagging before the new bracket. I find topper is smoother also and the slide has a little less effort going out, might be my imagination.
It sagged and pooled water pretty bad. But that was without that center bracket and the tube support wasn't working really well either. Now the center, where the new bracket is, is very tight and the ends are sloppy loose.. I put the toppers on about a year ago, so it has had a year to stretch to the 'old' way.

I need some anti rattle bumpers r001364. Have you found them outside of carefree?
Old 03-08-2017, 05:31 AM   #554

Quote:
It sagged and pooled water pretty bad. But that was without that center bracket and the tube support wasn't working really well either. Now the center, where the new bracket is, is very tight and the ends are sloppy loose.. I put the toppers on about a year ago, so it has had a year to stretch to the 'old' way.

I need some anti rattle bumpers r001364. Have you found them outside of carefree?

John anti rattle bumpers?
Old 03-08-2017, 06:00 AM   #555

Monaco Owners Club
Jake/Boomer -

Can you elaborate on the 'third bracket' for the slide, please? Couldn't find a decent reference to it at Carefree website, or what to order.

Thanks!
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 09:18 AM   #556

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Jake/Boomer -

Can you elaborate on the 'third bracket' for the slide, please? Couldn't find a decent reference to it at Carefree website, or what to order.

Thanks!
For units 156" - 191" install 3rd mounting bracket.
Our only had 2 mounting brackets, allowing the center of the SOK to sag. That is a lot of weight too!

The rattle bumpers are referenced in the installation manual. Pop into the upper metal cover. All of mine are missing. When the wind blows, they rattle pretty good.
Old 03-08-2017, 10:07 AM   #557

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry, but I'm still confused (no big surprise there ). Are you talking about a bracket to support the weight of the awning/tube when closed, or something to keep it from bowing from tension/weight when it's open?

Two of my awnings are long, and the tension from the fabric causes them to bow towards the coach when open - where they then sag and collect a lot of water. It always seemed to me that there should be supported in the middle when they're that big... and this may be what you're saying.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 11:06 AM   #558

Monaco Owners Club
It supports the weight of the entire unit. By supporting better on the middle, the center internal support for the tube is able to do its job better.
Send your email to me via private message and i will send the installion instructions to you.
Old 03-08-2017, 12:46 PM   #559

Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	1489002300862.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	125.4 KB
ID:	154250
It us this new middle bracket. There is a carrier inside the case at this point that carries the weight of the roller tube itself.
Old 03-08-2017, 01:44 PM   #560

Smile

Quote:
Attachment 154250
It us this new middle bracket. There is a carrier inside the case at this point that carries the weight of the roller tube itself.
Looks good John! Tell Debbie i said Hi!

Tags
beaver