Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-21-2012, 06:02 PM   #1

2008 Camelot

Are there any concerns with monaco that year when they were bought out? Looking into buying a 2008 camelot. Thanks Don
cobraman1954 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-21-2012, 06:24 PM   #2

Newmar Owners Club
Don:
I bought my 2008 Camelot from DeMartinin in 2010. Great coach, no problems in two years, fit and finsh are very good. I would not hesitate.
Good luck.
Mike
MikeyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:40 AM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1954
Are there any concerns with monaco that year when they were bought out? Looking into buying a 2008 camelot. Thanks Don
I'm very happy with my '09. Very few issues and runs great! Good luck!
Monty58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
We are still in amazement with the quality of our 2008.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:16 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We love our 08 42DSQ. Been a great coach.
Old 08-22-2012, 08:32 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobraman1954 View Post
I too have had interest in 07-09 Camelot or Scepter. I really like the frt kitchen floorplan and the many extras in the coach. Also like the 42 length with tag. Recently we looked a Scepter at a dealership and my wife pointed out some wear on outside of front tire, the salesman comminted that they, Monaco, were bad about that. I think he may have just been making excuses for the worn tires. He was not a Monaco dealer. Seems these coachs in the year range we are wanting are suddenly a bit hard to find....at least at a price and reasonable distance that accomodates me. Good luck.
buck454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 06:42 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by buck454 View Post
I too have had interest in 07-09 Camelot or Scepter. I really like the frt kitchen floorplan and the many extras in the coach. Also like the 42 length with tag. Recently we looked a Scepter at a dealership and my wife pointed out some wear on outside of front tire, the salesman comminted that they, Monaco, were bad about that. I think he may have just been making excuses for the worn tires. He was not a Monaco dealer. Seems these coachs in the year range we are wanting are suddenly a bit hard to find....at least at a price and reasonable distance that accomodates me. Good luck.
The Goodyear tires are bad about rivering.

https://www.google.com/search?num=10...w=1098&bih=569
Old 08-23-2012, 01:54 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
our 08 knight (bought used 2 seasons ago) has been great. coach workmanship wonderful, chassis wonderful, few problems.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:56 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimM68
our 08 knight (bought used 2 seasons ago) has been great. coach workmanship wonderful, chassis wonderful, few problems.
Our goodyears had some rivering, the dealer we bought her from replaced the fronts (with more goodyears) before we picked her up, and I replaced the rears (with sumitomos) this spring. one of the goodyears was rivering, another went flat (caught by our TPMS b4 a catastrophe) so thy were gone at 5 years.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 02:26 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I bought my 08 Camelot 40 PDQ new in October 08. I love the coach and just started to full time. But, I've had 2 significant problems. 1) the slide out hydaulic pump has leaked twice due to a bad seal between the pump and the motor. The first was replaced and the second I was on my own. I rebuilt it using the procedures posted on this site by Happycarz. 2)My left rear inner tire wore on the inside badly due to bad alignment. I was able to get it realigned and all's well.
Other than that, I fix most minor problems and keep it maintained properly.

Bob F 08 Camelot, 07 CRV