RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-14-2015, 06:16 AM   #1

2008 Knight cummins 360 ISC Warning light

I have a dash warning light on my coach.
Last time this occurred I went to cummins and they said it was possibly the CCV filter need changing. I did change the Filter and all was OK..

This time I changed the CCV filter it did not clear the warning light.

Is there anyway I access the codes or reset the warning light without taking it to Cummins.

I will try changing the fuel filters next to see if that clears the warning light

doublechevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-14-2015, 11:13 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
had the same warning light issue on our 2008 cayman, seems no one has the soft ware /codes to read the on board computer except an authorized cummins vendor

mscress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 01:45 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Attached is a Cummins Diagnostic Codes manual. The system is capable of providing fault codes.

It explains how to read the codes using the flash codes. On my dash switches there is one for diagnostics, I believe this is the one you press to initiate the diagnostic mode of the engine and will show the flash codes on the dash.

I've never used this since I've never had any caution light. Let me know if it works.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Cummins Diagnostic codes.pdf (345.4 KB, 53 views)
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 07:10 PM   #4

Thank you for your replies

the 2008 Knight does no have diagnostic switches Wish it did

New problem changed filters engine will not start I am using the procedure in my manual for bleeding the air out of the system

Turn key on for 30 seconds you may have to do this several times it states I have been at it for over 1.5 hrs coach will not start.

I assume that there is a pump in the fuel tank that turns on when the key is in the on position I do not think that the pump is working ( could be part of my warning light issue)

I changed the secondary filter first then attempted to start the coach it took a long time but did finally start. I then changed the primary filter now the coach will not start. when I removed the primary filter I could hear a gurgling sound as if the fuel in the supply line was draining back into the tank ( check valve not working?)

Should I be able to remove the primary filter put a bucket under it to see if the pump is working.

Is there a relay that activates the fuel pump in the tank or an associated pressure switch that shuts the fuel pump off

where do I go from here???
Old 07-15-2015, 01:16 PM   #5

Had the same thing happen to me. The gasket on the fuel filter had a small cut that would leak. I pulled the filter & filled it with fuel. Next I used my shop air compressor (regulator set to about 3 or 4 lbs.) & blew air into the vent hose coming off the fuel tank with the filter not quite tight. When fuel started leaking from the filter tightened it up & engine started with no problems. The bad gasket was not sealing & would allow air into the fuel system.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:55 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The way I change my fuel filters is change the primary filter first start the engine and run a couple minutes , you don't have a prime pump on the primary ( I also pre fill my filters by plugging the middle hole with a pipe nipple to make the fuel wick through the fuel) next change the secondary then cycle your key on for about 45 seconds the fuel pump will run for about 45 sec then turn the key off so cycle the key off and back on, do this 4 or 5 times. Most filter heads has a bleed screw on top, I have never had a problem with air locking my engine.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 09:06 PM   #7

Thanks Camping Cajun I will try that next. I have been trying all day to bleed air with no success I would have never thought of using the vent line to pressurize fuel tank. this might be the trick that will work for me also. I was just about to give up and call Cummins for service I may still have to bring it to them to look up warning light code or have it towed in for service if I can not get it to start. I already filled the fuel filters with no success.

Can an inline fuel pump be installed between the tank and the primary fuel filter. that could eliminate priming issues ????
Old 07-15-2015, 09:18 PM   #8

thanks Camping Cajun and Walt 2137 I would have never thought of using the fuel tank vent line to pressurize the tank I Will try that before I call Cummins for service Will still have to bring the coach to them to read warning light code issue

I can now see why it is better to change the primary filter first then the secondary
Old 07-17-2015, 06:52 AM   #9

Update on starting issue

All of my efforts failed to get the engine started. It left today on a hook to the Cummins service center

I will keep you posted as to what they find

Again thanks to all responders
Old 07-17-2015, 07:00 AM   #10

Should have added Towing was thru Coach Net they were great responded immediately and arranged everything;
Old 07-22-2015, 04:42 AM   #11

update again.

Good and bad news coach is repaired, turned out to be the lift ( transfer) pump buried behind the ECM module had to be replaced. coach is now back home. Bad news is the cost to replace.

Tags
cummins, light