Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #1

Question 2009 Cayman rear slide motor location

I don't have a problem yet; trying to be proactive two rear slides & rear wardrobe: 1-gear drive (headbord,roadside;1-cable drive drawers & tv: I am trying to locate the motors for each, the manual is generic across all floor plans.

Thanks in advance for any suggestion.
recaffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-13-2011, 09:09 PM   #2

Please, all you experienced guys help me out!

anybody have any ideas all suggestions welcome.
Old 08-13-2011, 09:24 PM   #3

The cable motors are in a recessed area along the top of the slide out. Remove the fancy trim to get access. This is also where the the adjusters for tension and alignment are located.
rcsoarer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 09:21 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The cable slide motor as stated is at the top of the slide out behind the trim. You will need a flex shaft that should have come with the coach and a drill to operate the manual in/out if the motor fails. The motor for the bed slide is located under a panel, under the bed. You will need a 5/8" socket and at least a set of extensions 20" long to reach it. It is accessible with the slide extended, but requires the extensions if it is closed or partially extended.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2011, 10:58 AM   #5

Thank you to both of you: you were much clearer than the manual. This is my first coach with "slides" and I have owned it for just 7 months, so reading about the many slide issues I wanted to be prepared.

Regarding the "removal of the trim piece"; it appears that it maybe permanently attached to the wall so are we talking pry bar removal?
Old 08-14-2011, 11:00 AM   #6

Regarding the flex shaft have not found one ; can you describe what size I should buy?
Old 08-14-2011, 11:35 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I think it's 1/4" and about 6" long. Can't look at mine at the moment because the coach is not close. Contact your dealer or Monaco and have them send you one. They are suppose to come with the coach. Not sure you can buy one with the correct ends on it. Get back to me if you can't find one and I will get you the info when I get back to the coach.
Trim piece is easily removed with a screwdriver. It is only held in place by a brad nailer.
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:15 AM   #8

Thank you I will contact Monaco parts.

Tags
slide