Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2016, 07:31 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2009 Cayman sprayer location?

My black tank sprayer is plugged up. I need to find the spray head to remove, clean or whatever.

Do any of you Cayman owners know where it's located?

Thanks,

Ron
RonaldNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2016, 07:40 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldNC View Post
My black tank sprayer is plugged up. I need to find the spray head to remove, clean or whatever.

Do any of you Cayman owners know where it's located?

Thanks,

Ron
Ron, on my 07 neptune it's behind the door that's screwed shut on passengers side. Take a square bit screwdriver in between the door and fender gap and remove 2 screws. One toward top and one at bottom. The door will then open and you'll see all 3 tanks. The smallest tank will be black tank. It will have a pex line going into top of tank. Unscrew the gray fitting and pull the fitting out. You can then look down in and see 3 holes in a triangle pattern. Use a drill bit about size of hole to ream the 3 holes out.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2016, 08:11 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Chad,

I see the two screws... once you remove them, is the door on a hinge?

Thanks for the help!

Ron
Old 03-17-2016, 08:12 PM   #4

Quote:
Chad,

I see the two screws... once you remove them, is the door on a hinge?

Thanks for the help!

Ron
Yes Ron it is hinged just like the other doors.

Chad
Old 03-21-2016, 07:41 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Chad,

I just wanted to get back to you and thank you for the help. Everything was exactly as you described. Once I opened the door, I was surprised by how much unused space was in there! I'd like to figure out a way to put a latch on the door (for easier access) and put some shelving in there.

The sprayer was really plugged up. I ended up pulling the sprayer out, cleaning it out and drilling out the holes. It works great now.

Thanks again!

Ron
Old 03-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #6

Quote:
Chad,

I just wanted to get back to you and thank you for the help. Everything was exactly as you described. Once I opened the door, I was surprised by how much unused space was in there! I'd like to figure out a way to put a latch on the door (for easier access) and put some shelving in there.

The sprayer was really plugged up. I ended up pulling the sprayer out, cleaning it out and drilling out the holes. It works great now.

Thanks again!

Ron
Great ron. I'm glad it worked out for you. I actually did what you suggested. I ordered 2 of the round barrel key locks (coke machine keys like on front genny compartment) from Monaco and made it an opening compartment. I made a container long ways to store my folding ladder in. Also some storage for barely used things also. It's also nice to easily open and check the heater and tanks. It's fairly easy to install the locks. However, I can't take credit. I got the idea from this forum a couple years ago.

If you'd like any pics or other questions, feel free to let me know how I can help.

Chad
Old 03-21-2016, 09:32 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onechaddude View Post
Great ron. I'm glad it worked out for you. I actually did what you suggested. I ordered 2 of the round barrel key locks (coke machine keys like on front genny compartment) from Monaco and made it an opening compartment. I made a container long ways to store my folding ladder in. Also some storage for barely used things also. It's also nice to easily open and check the heater and tanks. It's fairly easy to install the locks. However, I can't take credit. I got the idea from this forum a couple years ago.

If you'd like any pics or other questions, feel free to let me know how I can help.

Chad
Yes, I would like to see what you did. Seems like a great modification.

Ron
Old 03-22-2016, 05:46 AM   #8

Here you go ron. The first pic is the two locks on the outside. The 2nd pic is the locks on the inside of the door. The final pic is the tube (vinyl 4" post sleeve) that mounted to hold my folding step ladder. Hope this helps. Let me know if I can help anyway other way.

Chad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1458647041514.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	122031   Click image for larger version

Name:	1458647055708.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	122032  

Click image for larger version