RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-06-2019, 09:42 AM   #1

2009 Monaco Dynasty AQUA HOT / AHE-600-D01/ No space heat

My aqua-Hot unit seems to be working correctly ,however the space heat circulation pumps are not getting warm fluid to the radiators in the coach. I verified the check valves are working correctly and when I disconnected the return line from the radiator to the manifold , fluid flowed to show the pumps were working. The fluid lines are hot at the pumps and cold passed the check valve. When I disconnected the return line warm fluid eventually flowed thru the lines. But when I reconnect the line the fluid seems to be blocked from flowing. Is it possible that there is air in the system is holding back the flow? This Aqua-Hot unit has probably has not been used much. I see the hour meter is at 185.

Pttwig is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-06-2019, 10:17 AM   #2

The cold after the check valve implies to me the check valves are stuck .

Those valves have history of sticking especially when the unit sets for
awhile .
Often they can be unstuck by rapping on them with a screw driver handle while the pump is running .
When the valve opens you should feel the heat on the output side immediately

Let us know if this works .

Ray

RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 11:50 AM   #3

I agree, if line is hot on one side of check valve and cold on the other check valve is not opening, RamiDav is right, tap on valve, may take several taps to get it working.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
It would be odd for the valves on all three zones to seize up, but it is possible.

When you turn the Aqua Hot diesel switch to on, does the furnace fire up and run for about 20 min?
If you are plugged into a 50 amp electrical service you can also turn on the Aqua Hot Electric, but it will not heat the entire coach well.

I believe your Aqua Hot fluid reservoir is in the rear engine bay. Is the fluid level within the normal zone when hot?
Do you have hot water?
Have you set all three thermostat zones to "Furnace", and set the temperature to around 68?
Do the heat exchanger fans come on when you select "Furnace" on the thermostats??
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2019, 10:01 PM   #5

It does seem like the check valves would be the problem. I will knock on them. There is a small screw on the check valves, I removed one while the system was pressurized and had fluid spraying out. I set the tstats to about 86 and furnace on each of the 3 zones.The heat exchange fans do run continuously. I am plugged into a 50 amp power supply and the electric element works good. The diesel runs about 20 minutes and shuts off. Plenty of hot water.
The over flow tank is 2 bays forward. I have been watching it as I have been bleeding the bedroom zone to see if I can get fluid moving. I keep it in the range as required. When I disconnected the return line and bled the system for the bedroom zone, the hot water flowed and I did eventually get the zone to work. But later I turned it back on and it didn't work.
Is it possible that the system is plugged up as the fluid returns back into the boiler tank? Also seems like there is a lot of air in the lines. Is it possible the circulation pumps are too weak ?
Old 12-07-2019, 05:35 AM   #6

Ditto on rapping the check valves, it sounds as if that is exactly your problem.
Bill767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 06:28 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Much as I love pounding on things to make them work (while getting out my frustrations), is there a way to lube or clean the valves or whatever, or is replacement the real next step?
Old 12-07-2019, 10:53 AM   #8

As the system heats it is pressurized and by design of AH system. So the flow you experienced my not be from the pumps. It hard to believe all three pumps blew their fuses or all the check valves got stuck. The AH has a control and fuse panel if the fans come on the pumps should too. That's what I would be looking at the control panel.
The AH has troubleshooting and repair info online.
153stars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2019, 04:39 PM   #9

If I remember correctly my coach has 3 relays in agua hot control box and I think 2 fuses, you have to remove AH cover, have you checked them, I think fuses are for relays and fans. Relays are also inter changeable and can be purchased at Grangers.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 11:09 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
You should join Roger Berke's Aqua Hot forum. He has both parts and advice.
http://rvhydronicheaterrepair.com/
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 12:36 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
Another aqua hot owner had similar problem in that it would heat the zones some of the time and then stop working and then start working again on its own. Aqua Hot said it was the temperature sensor in the unit was faulty but another member said he had bad wiring connections to the temperature sensor...sensor was good.
Old 12-08-2019, 08:59 PM   #12

Iirc you can put your hand on each pump and feel if they are running.
shootist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2019, 10:17 PM   #13

I have wrapped on the check valves, I can feel the pumps are working. Seems like the problem is at the return manifold possibly. I have all 3 zones running and when I remove one of the return lines from the manifold connections you would think fluid would come back out of the manifold, but nothing. Is it possible there is a blockage? What about the radiator cap ? Could that stop the system from flowing?
Old 12-08-2019, 11:19 PM   #14

No, the radiator cap can't. It can lose your fluid though. The check valves from non use sound most likely. At how many hours was it changed?

shootist is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ace, aqua hot, heat, monaco, monaco dynasty