RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-01-2010, 09:44 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2009 Safari Cheetah Slide Problem

I have 2009 Safari Cheetah 42 PAQ with slide that the base or floor of the slide is separating from the wall under the couch portion of the slide. Half of the slide holds the couch while the other half holds the kitchen. Only the portion supporting the couch has this problem. One thing I have noticed is that the kitchen section has rollers supporting the floor while the couch section has no rollers leaving it to free stand when the slide is in. The damage occured while traveling and on a rough road. Is this normal for the slide not to have rollers for half of the floor? Is the Camelot or Diplomat similar in design? What service centers would be qualified to repair this or should it go back to Monaco? It's possible the slide may have to be removed to be repaired properly. I live in Texas but would travel where ever necessary to have it repaired. Overall the coach has been great as I have owned it a year now and have traveled 10,000 miles with only minor new motorhome issues.

thanks,
Brinson

Brinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-01-2010, 10:58 PM   #2

We also own a 2009 Safari Cheetah 42PAQ and... also live in Texas (we may have even purchased from the same dealer.)

We have not experienced the issue you describe with the curb-side slide but can confirm that there should be slide rollers under the couch section of the slide. You should be able to see the rollers in the ceiling of the storage bay and fuel bay.

Maybe your dealer can point you to a good repair facility. If not, we will be talking with our dealer later this week and will be glad to ask them about repair facilities for your issue.

bbridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 06:41 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks, I did find the rollers under by looking in the bay doors. I suspect they never were adjusted upwards from the factory and were all the way down and not supporting the slide in any way. That resulted in the couch area just free floating while traveling and cause the floor to seperate from the wall. I adjusted the rollers but will have to have the slide repaired.
Brinson is offline   Reply With Quote