Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-10-2018, 11:29 PM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
Myron, I was also thinking about trying a block where you did for the hanging step well cover, but haven’t yet. Thank you for leading the way. I’ll get on it.

2008 Monaco Camelot 40' PDQ
Happycarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2018, 01:32 AM   #72

Dale, and Myron: when I had my cruise issue on my to Harry’s last month, I found a bad fuse and it was for step cover! What Harry mentioned about step cover power this might be the issue mine change over or mid Harry was trying didn’t work correctly!
What I’m trying to really say:even though we have same year coaches, similar systems, you never know how things where decided and installed on a particular day.
Dale follow up with Harry, his collection of files are very useful. I’m updating my fuse chart to reflect the slight differences from Harry’s original list.
Old 11-11-2018, 01:34 AM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
Harry,
I've ordered 5 spare relays from Parts-Express today. Those are almost 50% less than the Auto parts store. Thanks for the tip. As I've looked around the PCB, I've noticed there are some 50Amp relays and some special type relays. I also see some special "fuses" that look a bit like thumb drives. I found one that relates to the power seats, which I'm also having trouble with. Do you know if the power seats (which both stopped working almost together) have a fuse? I don't see one on my cheat sheet & I've worked hard looking for bad connectors or wires all over those seats I'll take an image of my PCB Serial # and Revision so you can see that Harry. I think I have a DropBox account, but I haven't used it in forever. I might need a hint or two. I'm game for making things better and more reliable Harry. Just let me know what I need to do. First thing, I'll brush up on logging in to DropBox.

Thanks for your time and energy,
Dale
dalemschultz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 01:50 AM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10Boomer View Post
Dale, and Myron: when I had my cruise issue on my to Harry’s last month, I found a bad fuse and it was for step cover! What Harry mentioned about step cover power this might be the issue mine change over or mid Harry was trying didn’t work correctly!
What I’m trying to really say:even though we have same year coaches, similar systems, you never know how things where decided and installed on a particular day.
Dale follow up with Harry, his collection of files are very useful. I’m updating my fuse chart to reflect the slight differences from Harry’s original list.
Thanks Perry. I've followed up with Harry and want to go forward with any helpful ideas any of you have to make subsystems in the Monaco more reliable. Now that the issue of the step cover appears to be resolved for the time being, I really need to understand the power seats and why they both stopped working. It sounds like it would be a fuse(s) gone out, but I don't see one labeled. But then again, I didn't see Sockets #2 & #3 labeled as anything on my cheat sheet! I have an appointment at Elite Repair & Remodel on Thursday morning to spend half a day troubleshooting issues. If I could resolve the seats, I'd could perhaps spend a lot less cheddar there.

Thank you,
Dale
Old 11-11-2018, 02:30 AM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
Friends,

Here's a picture I took the other night.

Dale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FinalAndromeda.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	204.5 KB
ID:	225588  
Old 11-11-2018, 05:10 AM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dalemschultz View Post
Thanks Perry. I've followed up with Harry and want to go forward with any helpful ideas any of you have to make subsystems in the Monaco more reliable. Now that the issue of the step cover appears to be resolved for the time being, I really need to understand the power seats and why they both stopped working. It sounds like it would be a fuse(s) gone out, but I don't see one labeled. But then again, I didn't see Sockets #2 & #3 labeled as anything on my cheat sheet! I have an appointment at Elite Repair & Remodel on Thursday morning to spend half a day troubleshooting issues. If I could resolve the seats, I'd could perhaps spend a lot less cheddar there.

Thank you,
Dale
Dale,

The long fuses that look like thumb drives are self-resetting fuses that open temporally on an over-current condition and then reset after the current returns to a normal range. They often are used on the step cover and may be used on your seats. I would look for one in a different circuit and swap it with the fuse in the seat circuit to see what happens.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 06:50 AM   #77
YC1

Dale, that is an incredible picture. Thanks for sharing.

Time for you to buy one of these. Chasing wires is no fun on these snow flakes. With a signal tracer you put the tone generator across the wires you wish to trace and then take the sniffer to places like the fuse blocks or bundles of wire.

With a little practice you will learn to love this thing. Remember to take the batteries out when not in use or you will have dead ones when you need it the most.

https://www.amazon.com/Telephone-Eth...20858049&psc=1

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:38 AM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Dale,

The long fuses that look like thumb drives are self-resetting fuses that open temporally on an over-current condition and then reset after the current returns to a normal range. They often are used on the step cover and may be used on your seats. I would look for one in a different circuit and swap it with the fuse in the seat circuit to see what happens.

Bob
Thank you Bob,

I (naively) tried a like-rated mini fuse as a replacement with no results. I'll try a similar self-resetting fuse and see what I get. I don't see those in my step-cover slots.

Thanks again for the tip Bob. I'll report back.

Dale
Old 11-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #79

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Dale, that is an incredible picture. Thanks for sharing.

Time for you to buy one of these. Chasing wires is no fun on these snow flakes. With a signal tracer you put the tone generator across the wires you wish to trace and then take the sniffer to places like the fuse blocks or bundles of wire.

With a little practice you will learn to love this thing. Remember to take the batteries out when not in use or you will have dead ones when you need it the most.

https://www.amazon.com/Telephone-Eth...20858049&psc=1
Myron,

So glad you liked the image of The Andromeda Galaxy. It's the result of gathering over 4 hours of very faint light on a CCD sensor and post processing it all to assemble the image.

I think you're right about the Signal Tracer. Time to get one and learn it.

Thanks Myron!

Dale
Old 11-11-2018, 05:40 PM   #80

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Dale,

Bob
Hi Bob,

I went out and swapped the only two (that I could find) "thumb-drives" (Resetting Fuses) and sure enough, Pilot's seat has movement! Yay! I need to do some rewiring work on the Co-Pilot's seat and hopefully it will be fully functional as well. Are these resetting fuses specialty items? I'll check online.

Thank you,
Dale
Old 11-11-2018, 06:22 PM   #81

Monaco Owners Club
Harry,

Here's the image of my Serial # on my PCB. Labeled only for practice!

Thank you,
Dale
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	From Skitch.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	122.3 KB
ID:	225685  
Old 11-11-2018, 06:33 PM   #82

Monaco Owners Club
Harry,

what's the significance of the empty socket labeled "Daytime Running Lights"? Do DRL's not exist on some or all models?

Thanks,
Dale
Old 11-11-2018, 10:31 PM   #83

Monaco Owners Club
Dale,

Look at F88, which is a 20a circuit breaker, for power to the seats.

Old 11-11-2018, 10:46 PM   #84

Monaco Owners Club
Canada requires DRL, but no US states at this time. My understanding is that all you have to do to have DRL's is to plug a module into the DRL socket.
Some states require the lights on with wipers, which our coaches automatically do. Some state require that the lights are on when visibility is less than 200', which would entail manually turning on the lights in such case. If a module wire in place, the lights would be on all the time.

Since your DRL socket has something in it, do your lights come on when you start your coach?

Tags
cover, electric