Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-24-2012, 01:21 PM   #71

Monaco Owners Club
DRIFTER;
Larry shinoda may have passed but his designe co. is in business yet I believe. I would like to thank NAVISTAR MONACO FOR TRYING TO MAKE THAT BRICK A LITTLE MORE AERODYNAMIC, AND ANY WIND TUNNEL TESTING IS BETTER THAN NOTHING. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK, LOVE IT!!!
KNIGHT12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-24-2012, 04:15 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
Larry Shinoda R.I.P passed in 1997. To think that his legacy of design had anything to do with Navistar's present day look would be doing Larry a injustice at best.
The guy that's in charge over at Monaco comes from the automotive industry, mostly Ford Australia and Canada. I know that Osborne isn't a pencil pushing executive looking to make a buck and run. I believe that he has a lot to do with the aerodynamic styling and the fit and finish of the body panels and I expect that his leadership will continue.

The Monaco Vesta and Trip spearheaded the design philosophy. Not everyone is going to like the new design but it appears to be making positive headway in opinion.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 05:15 PM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
For myself I really like the new look of the Monaco it's refreshing to see something new. That;s another one of the reason's we really like the new Diplomat.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #74

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
KNIGHT12, Shinoda Design Center is his family, a floral company that has been in business for over 100 years. Larry only worked a project for Monaco for a very short time. I feel that the great designs of Larry Shinoda should not in any way be tied to the new Monaco Naivest products. I personally Don't like or dislike the new front and rear caps. They are what they are, but not Shinoda Designs.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 03:49 PM   #75

Monaco Owners Club
I like the looks of the new caps...I didn't plant the garden to look like them, but.....

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/...not/garden.jpg
printernot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:22 PM   #76

Monaco Owners Club
Is that chevron spinach?

Old 06-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #77

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
Is that chevron spinach?
Yes, and Monocarrots behind them....
printernot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 06:19 PM   #78

Monaco Owners Club
The new front cap is growing on me, but the rear not so much. This is a big step for me.

Old 06-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #79

Country Coach Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Cummins says it take 144,000 miles to get a truly accurate fuel mileage figure in one of their white papers on economy based on their testing.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #80

Monaco Owners Club
MR. D
I don't doubt your numbers it takes quite a few miles to break in a diesel. or so it is said? but if MPG. gets better on the MAXFORCE 10 engine.how much fuel($) will we save!! that front end is looking better every time I look at it.$$$$$ KEEP SMILING MONACO
KNIGHT12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 04:52 AM   #81

Well after having read all of the comments in this post I feel that I have to include one of my own. We bought a new 2012 26' Knight in Feb . Fell in love with the look that a lot of people think is ugly.love the look of the back end and this is coming from someone that couldn't stand the "Joker", to me there is no comparison. The MaxiForce 10 engine so far has worked great and for me it has lots of power to do the job as I don't see the need to require a motor home to compete in Nascar .. I do think Monaco could have done a better job of the way our coach handles and that is an ongoing problem that has not been remedied as of yet but is still being worked on. Other than that I think Monaco cut a few corners they should not have in the equipment they installed in the coach or in some cases did not install in the coach. Overall, after having lived in it for almost a month and putting about 2500 miles on it in that month we love our coach and are proud to drive it down the highways of the US and Canada. Thanks for giving me the chance to post my comments. .....Alan That would be us doing the Happy Dance
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 06:20 AM   #82

they are different not My cup of tea butt end at both ends lol...every one has this right to like or dis like again right...
Old 06-26-2012, 04:46 PM   #83
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by DriVer View Post
This motorhome is powered by a 2010 MaxxForce 10 Engine. The MaxxForce 10 as used in the Knight will provide 350 HP and 1150 ft/lb or torque.
Update: The new MaxxForce10 provides 405 HP and 1250 lbs/ft of torque.
RV/MH Hall of Fame - Lifetime Member
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 10:56 PM   #84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter
KNIGHT12, Shinoda Design Center is his family, a floral company that has been in business for over 100 years. Larry only worked a project for Monaco for a very short time. I feel that the great designs of Larry Shinoda should not in any way be tied to the new Monaco Naivest products. I personally Don't like or dislike the new front and rear caps. They are what they are, but not Shinoda Designs.
It's really hard, I think; to not have a strong opinion about the Monaco product line's exterior design. Most people either like the look or they don't. For me, I like the uniqueness of the appearance. Most MHs have a redundant look to them and you often can't tell one from another without checking their nameplates. Our Vesta can be identified at a glance, it looks that different and I like that.
Last summer, on a trip to Oregon, we were approached by a trucker at a truck stop saying " I have been following you guys for the last 100 miles or so, and when I saw you pull off the road I just thought I'd follow you to tell you that this motorhome looks real good going down the road." We had come to expect to attract some attention at RV parks but that was a first!!
VestaDave is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
monaco