Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-17-2019, 02:52 PM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Cool 2013 Ambassador Slide Floor Wet When it Rains

I have a 2013 HR Ambassador 40Dft. When it rains hard, 2 of my slide floors get water intrusion even when the slides are closed. Does anyone know how to stop it?
eddie0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-17-2019, 04:53 PM   #2

Perhaps some of these links may be helpful:
https://www.google.com/search?q=2013...earch=irv2.com
marjoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2019, 09:20 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Would have a good look at your seals. that's about the only part that could be leaking.

Are your slide toppers in good shape
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2019, 11:00 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
If they get wet when in and out I would look at the windows for leaks.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:38 PM   #5

Thanks Dennis,
I resealed the window on one of the slides and that didn't resolve the problem. The other slide doesn't have windows on the outside.
Old 01-19-2019, 08:42 PM   #6

Thanks Traps, All of my toppers are good and all of my seals are good.
Old 01-19-2019, 09:04 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Is this while the coach is in storage is or does it also happen while sitting level.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 04:52 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie0 View Post
I have a 2013 HR Ambassador 40Dft. When it rains hard, 2 of my slide floors get water intrusion even when the slides are closed. Does anyone know how to stop it?
Water can sometimes travel a long way before it pools inside the RV. Don't just look at the slides. Look for anything that might leak, especially on the roof where water can pool in a hard rain and enter thru places that don't leak when the water does not pool. Skylights and frig vents can leak as well as Fantastic fans. Look at the caulking around antennas, etc and the seams near the roof crowns.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:40 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Have had 2 water intrusion issues.
1st was water dripping off cabinet in full bathroom. After having the MH tested by blowing air into the closed MH, with no signs of air outside by spraying soapy water over roof looking for bubbles, with no results. I figured it must be a problem with the sky lite. Used that liquid spray on TV. Found out the sky lite itself was cracked. no more leak.
2nd had water on bedroom floor. There is a problem on Monaco and Holidays where it is a known problem. Check the outside horizontal joint where the wall meets the bottom of the slide. There might be a gap that is widening where the floor is connected to the "L" rail. They fixed that problem in later models. I had (CHRIS at STONE VOS) place new "L" plates on the sides of the slide, that extend past the rollers. The seal on the bottom of the outside may also need resealing. Took me along time to figure out what others were talking about. I have just gone thru heavy rains here in Homosassa Springs, and no leaks. Contact me if I confused you
Old 01-20-2019, 07:36 PM   #10

Yes it does happen while it's sitting level. The slides are in also. I haven't noticed any water while the slides are out but I haven't been in much rain while camping.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:45 PM   #11

Thanks Tom,
By the "L" rail I assuming you're talking about each side and if that's the case I would think Chris's Guardian plats would resolve the problem. My confusion is why it still happens when the slide is closed. If you're not referring to the sides please let me know.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:30 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
When I am having trouble finding a leak like that I get some clear 2" packing tape and run it along the top of the side to the coach wall, it may take a day or two to tell if it helps as the water runs out but it helps eliminate one thing at a time.
Good luck
John G
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, floor