Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
2015'son Roadmaster Chassis

Received an email from Monaco Marketing today and they are going forward with the Road master Chassis.

Great News!

Dear Owners:

Nearly five months ago, on May 16, Monaco and Holiday Rambler, along with Beaver and Safari, started a new journey under Allied Specialty Vehicles. The first part of that journey involved making some tough, but necessary decisions to ensure the continuation of the brands.

One of those decisions was moving production and service from Wakarusa to Decatur. Much of the workforce was given the option to transfer to Decatur. We also worked with the company who purchased our Wakarusa facility to transition some employees to their operations. With a strong local economy and thoughtful transition planning, the overall impact to the area has been minimal.

Another critical decision was to maintain distinct product DNA for each brand and to keep our engineering, design and product development teams intact. In order to do that, we opened a facility in Elkhart where our design teams have their own dedicated design area and shop. The entire team has been feverishly working over the last few months to bring you innovative, new features, great floorplans and stunning designs.

We believe in designing quality products that fulfill our owners' needs and desires; therefore our design process is a true collaboration between our engineers and owners across all four brands. For the past few months, we've been gathering your feedback through focus groups and two extensive online surveys. Your responses were highly informative and some even surprising. We listened to those responses, and our design team made changes to key features to incorporate your input. In fact, any survey response that garnered a greater than 70% rating was automatically incorporated into our new products. When we say,
"a coach designed by you, for you," we mean it.

Interestingly, despite owning different brands, most of you asked for the same features in a new coach design. The only slight difference being that Beaver owners asked for specific wood species and unique furniture/trim design. Otherwise, the responses were similar and have guided our design.

Many of you shared that you'd like more counter space and additional pantry storage in the kitchen area. You expressed your interest in having a smart steering wheel and a premium audio system. Many also indicated they prefer to keep the side exhaust. This is just a sampling of the great input we received from you that we're applying in our new designs.

We're excited to announce, based on your input, we're making a "Return to Power." For the past five years, engine restrictions kept us from offering big-bore engines, which limited our product offerings. Beginning with the 600 hp rollout in January, you'll also start seeing 500hp, 450hp, 380hp and 300 hp models. Watch closely over the next few weeks for more about our "Return to Power."

Part of our 2015 product line will feature The All New Roadmaster chassis. This gives us the ability to offer big-bore Cummins engines and a new world-class independent front suspension system. This is not an "off-the-shelf" standard rail chassis. Our engineers collaborated closely with Freightliner Custom Chassis to offer a redesigned Roadmaster chassis with unique modifications and tuning that gives you the ride and handling you're expecting from our brands.

We realize you're anxious to see our new products, and we're anxious to introduce them to you. But at the same time, we all know that crafting well-designed, high-quality products is not something you can rush. We're creating products that are unique and special in the industry, not cookie-cutter. ASV (Allied Specialty Vehicles) has invested in our brands and is giving us the time and resources we need to create a stellar product line-up.
Preview the 2015 Dynasty!
You won't have to wait too long to see one of the first new Monaco products. We invite you to join us for an exclusive viewing of our all-new 600 horsepower luxury diesel motorcoach, at the Monaco 2015 Return to Power Preview Rally. The rally will take place at the Camping Resort located at Charlotte Motor Speedway on January 7-9, 2014. While you're there, take a tour of Freightliner Custom Chassis, a state-of-the-art facility where certain components of the All-New Roadmaster chassis are built. The event is sure to be a memorable one with complimentary dinners, seminars and shuttle service to the factory tour. Space is limited, so be sure to register today.

For years, owners have urged our engineers and management team to spend time using the products that we build. And many of you heard President Mike Snell accept that challenge this Spring. You'll be happy to know that Mike took possession of a Dynasty this summer and submitted a list of fixes to our designers that he believes will make the coaches we build as functional as they are breathtaking.

While Mike has often loaded up a motorhome for an afternoon of tailgating, or a long weekend in a nearby RV Park, it wasn't until he moved into the 2014 Dynasty that he was able to fully appreciate the frustration of design concepts that are more visually appealing than they are practical.

Fun Fact: Did you know that the 2014 Dynasty 44PDQ has plenty of room to keep an array of snack foods within easy reach while cheering your home team on to victory, but that there is not one cupboard in the kitchen tall enough to store a box of Cheerios upright?

In addition to using the motorhome in lieu of a hotel, Mike logged over 6,000 miles in the motorhome this summer as he visited dealers, attended rallies, and packed his young boys up for numerous week-long trips to embark on a tour of the various amusement parks of southern California and the Pacific Northwest. The younger Snell's now agree with the members of our clubs and believe that Dad needs to schedule more time in a motorhome.

We also invite you to tour our factory in Decatur, Indiana where production is underway. The facility is impressive, and you may even get a sneak peek of our products on the line. You can time your factory tour with a service appointment. For months, our seasoned techs from Oregon and Wakarusa have been cross-training with the techs in Decatur to ensure they have the history and insider knowledge to provide the highest level of service on your vehicle.

Owners who've recently had service appointments at our Decatur facility have responded with overwhelming praise of the facility and their service experience. Of course, our Oregon service location is still going strong and continues its commitment to quality service. Among the four brands, the volume of service work will ensure that we have the resources to upgrade facilities, increase technician training and have the latest equipment. ASV has an undeniable commitment to customer satisfaction and supports us in our efforts to provide a superior level of service.

In May, we made this statement: "This is just the beginning. Look to Monaco and Holiday Rambler to not only survive, but to be better for it. Yes, we're here to stay. The Dream is Alive." Now, after a few months of changes and seeing the first products start to take shape, we proudly make that claim again. The dream is alive. You helped shape it, and we can't wait to share it with you.

Safe travels.

Sincerely,

Mike Snell

2013 Monaco RV FORWARD TO A FRIEND | FIND US ON:
This email was sent by: Monaco RV, LLC 1031 US 224 East Decatur, IN, 46733,

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-15-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Monaco Owners Club
I got the same email the other day, but I think the Roadmaster chassis as we all know it is gone. To start, the front end is gone. My guess is that Freightliner is building a custom chassis that will still be a Freightliner chassis, but different from other models of Freightliner chassis. This gives them the ability to call it whatever they want. Calling it a Roadmaster is probably good business sense, but I doubt you'll find much that looks like a Roadmaster, other than a label.

I had previously stated that once they started using the MaxForce engines, I would never buy a another Monaco product, but with the return to Cummins, I would be back in the market. We liked Fleetwood's high end American line and I'm guessing the NEW Monaco will pretty much be the same.

I ordered some parts from Monaco the other day and it was funny talking to the part's guys. They're about the only personnel retained through the three owners.

2013 Polaris RZR 800 LE
Dutch Star Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2013, 05:40 PM   #3

I made reservations at the Charlotte '15 Dynasty roll out today. Anybody else going? The reservations clerk said they were getting a lot of calls.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 05:16 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
I made reservations at the Charlotte '15 Dynasty roll out today. Anybody else going? The reservations clerk said they were getting a lot of calls.
Steve,

We are signed up for the MI pre-rally and the FMCA at Perry in March and I expect the new Dynasty will be there from at least one dealer. I will wait until then to drool. Besides, I can't pay cash for a new Dynasty and at my age don't plan on anymore big loans.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 06:30 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Steve, We are signed up for the MI pre-rally and the FMCA at Perry in March and I expect the new Dynasty will be there from at least one dealer. I will wait until then to drool. Besides, I can't pay cash for a new Dynasty and at my age don't plan on anymore big loans. Bob
Hey Bob,

We were thinking about going over to Hilton Head for a couple of weeks in early Jan and we have friends in Kernersville, NC to visit so this fits nicely. We may be in TX by the time of the FMCA festivities.
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:10 AM   #6

I think that it is great that ASV is taking this approach and some of their people are spending time in coaches that they build. If some one really wants to 'test' their coaches for design issues, take a trip through Canada to Alaska and back to the lower 48. One could get a real eye full on what 'improvements' need to be made.
It will be interesting to follow ASV and what they do. I hope that they do not 'down grade' the Monaco line too much.

R2Home is offline   Reply With Quote